GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. jnj2455

FS: OEM Hella LED Tails + DeAutoKey Turn Signals - NJ/NY/CT/PA

Saddens me to say but I've moved on from my GTI and have some leftover parts to sell. DeAutoKey Front Amber Turn Signals - H16 Bulbs - Only a few months old, very bright during the day & a quality product. This fit my halogen headlamps, but I think it fits on the OEM Xenons as well. $45 OEM...
  2. jnj2455

Exhaust shop rec?

Anybody have a good exhaust shop to rec in the northern half of NJ/NYC-metro area? I once enquired with a Euro tuner shop that I've worked with before (https://redlinespeedworx.com/) about cutting out the resonator and/or muffler/straight pipe my exhaust and they were... professionally...
  3. jnj2455

FS - OEM Detroits - NY/NJ/CT/PA - SOLD

SOLD!
  4. jnj2455

FS: OEM VW Roof Rack + Fairing - 3DR - NY/NJ/PA/CT

FS/ feelers to gauge interest. Moderately used OEM roof rack w/ a Thule fairing. I've had this for a number of years now and it has seen most of its duty mounted on the car. If you're looking for perfect, this isn't it. The black plastic bits are a bit faded, and overall shows wear & tear from...
  5. jnj2455

Is it worthwhile to sell?

Just wanted to hear some opinions from people who may have gone through this. I've had my 2011 since I was in college when it came into my hands with 60 miles on the odometer. It's been paid off since 2014 and has been with me through a lot of memorable trips and I frankly love the thing...
  6. jnj2455

Rear panel accident

well...least she stuck around and apologised profusely. 4 years and 60k later... [emoji53] I'm sure I'm not the first person that this has happened to. Are they gonna punch it out from the inside, fill up any crevices, and repaint? envoyé avec des erreurs
  7. jnj2455

NYC folk

In my continuation of being young and stupid and throwing money away, I might be moving into the midtown area in the coming weeks. I’ve had the plan of putting the GTI back at my parents’ house in the suburbs for at least a little bit and see how my life is after the dust settles. I work in...
  8. jnj2455

WTB: Bike carrier

Hi all, looking for a bike carrier to fit my OEM roof rack. Doesn't matter if it's fork mounted or otherwise. Located in the greater NYC area. If anybody is selling one, shoot me a PM.
  9. jnj2455

Best Aggressive Clay Bar?

What is everybody's favourite clay bars? I've admittedly only used basic consumer lines of clay bars from places like Autozone and Pep Boys and have leaned towards Mother's Clay Bar as my current preferred. I've used Meguiar's consumer line and found it too mild. I've made several passes with...
  10. jnj2455

VW iPhone 5 Cable Issue

I've been having a weird problem using the iPhone 5 cable that came from factory on my father's CC in my own GTI. Every time I connect my 5 or 5s, my 2011MY RCD510 seems to recognise it but then it constantly disconnects and connects. And at first I thought the actual plug was loose or...
  11. jnj2455

5 Thoughts I had daily driving a 19 y/o car instead of the GTI

Disclaimer: This is a long article that I wrote as somewhat of a joke for my coworkers who, for some odd reason, were genuinely interested in my thoughts of jumping from my beloved GTI to an old family car. I’m not a journalist by any stretch of the imagination and by all technicalities, English...
  12. jnj2455

Snow damaged underliner

I had to drive in this shit today and it seems like snow has damaged both underliners on my car. My car sits at stock height too. VW wants like $120/ side before labour. I wanna say fuck that. Should I just try zip ties when the snow melts or perhaps just remove it all together? Am I gonna...
  13. jnj2455

Dear NJ

Dear Garden State, I cannot fathom why your roads are riddled with so many fucking potholes but today seemingly out of nowhere I slammed into yet another deep one which sent some very harsh and downright jarring vibes through my GTI. Upon further inspection, some of the rubber is ripped off...
  14. jnj2455

Guess my ballast is starting to fail?

Quick background: I've been using ballasts from USP Motorsports' HID conversion kit that I bought in Sept of 2011. And even though I've changed the style of headlights over the years, I've still used the same ballasts from them cuz they worked. Current set up consists of 15-LED Reps, Morimoto...
  15. jnj2455

Mac OS Mavericks

Anybody else running this and feel like it sucks peen? I have a Fall 2011 Macbook Pro 15" 2GHz i7 and it originally came with a 4GB of RAM memory. I had been running Mountain Lion perfectly fine and when the update for Mavericks came on I just blindly downloaded it onto my computer. I typically...
  16. jnj2455

Parking violation for a place I've never been??

This is a huge wtf and I've never had this happen before. I got a very irate phone call from my mother today saying that they got a letter from Fairview Township, NJ saying that the registered owner of the GTI (technically my dad) failed to show up to court and that the $30 parking violation has...
  17. jnj2455

New Tires/Alignment

Ok, so I'm rolling on my stock Pirellis and they have 31k on them. Literally like 2 weekends ago I got an alignment done because my car was pulling to the right significantly and it was bothering the crap out of me. Fast forward to my drive this morning and I swore this fucking pothole...
  18. jnj2455

City Dwellers

So I'm in the apartment searching process (which is an absolutely pain) in a really urban area and because I need my car for work, I'm constantly running into the debate of garage parking vs. street parking. The place I'm looking into has street parking around but I question how my car will...
  19. jnj2455

Is there another Sirius Trial?

I got the GTI brand new May of 2011. When the three months was up I was heading back to school and didn't need to have the subscription renewed so we just never touched it. They never called us, we never got any letters about it, etc. For shits and gigs, I just poked around Sirius last night...
  20. jnj2455

Subject myself to a long commute?

I'd appreciate any input from those who have long driving commutes about this. In short, I'm currently 23, just a year out of engineering school and I've been residing with my folks back home roughly an hour and half due west of Manhattan. I'm about to embark on some career changes and I'm...