GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. V

Rear-View Mirror Casing Paint Ripple - DAMN, AGAIN?

Yes, my mirrors are heated. Maybe that's it . . .
  2. V

Here's a picture. I finally got around to taking one. As you can see, the cap is buckled where I circled it . . . but on the right, where the arrow is pointing, there is a nasty indentation that looks like a human fingerprint. It can't be because of the body shop that redid it. The original...
  3. V

Hmm, that could be a reason . . .
  4. V

Okay, let me get a chacen to take some pics. In the meantime . . . My dealer did the first replacement of my mirror cap and a local shop where I live did the second. They can't BOTH be incompetent - there must be something in my mirror that's causing this!
  5. V

For the third time in nearly seven years, the paint job on right rear-view mirror casing has rippled. I've already had it replaced and painted twice before, and now I have to take care of it again??? And the most frustrating thing is, I don't know what keeps causing it and how I can prevent...
  6. V

Rear hatch issues

I had a similar problem when the hatch wouldn't lock. I had to get the lock repaired by the dealer.
  7. V

Check Engine Light On, Then Off

The other day my "check engine" light came on while I was driving, and I made an appointment with my dealer to get it looked at as soon as I could, Then yesterday, I started the car, and the light came on for a couple of seconds like it's supposed to, but it then went off like it's supposed to...
  8. V

Well, THIS is a unique problem!

This is the third time this has happened to me this month. I went to put my car away and the rear-door warning light was on, meaning the rear hatch door was open. Now there's the thing. At 3:30 I got home from the supermarket and took some stuff out of the rear. I closed the door. At about...
  9. V

Paint On Mirror Casing Keeps RIPPLING!

It must have been a defective mirror cap, or the shop simply redid the old cap and hoped it would work. I'll have to find some way to do something about it . . . if my mother lets me.
  10. V

Interesting . . . I had no idea. I don't know if it is the original cap. The accident, which occurred in December 2015, banged up my front end and never touched the cap, but I don't know if the shock waves from the accident caused the original rippling. (They might have caused the buckling in my...
  11. V

P.S. I posted about my original paint ripple five years ago. The fact that it happened again is what really vexes me.
  12. V

I have what may be a unique problem. A few years ago I noticed that the paint on my right rearview mirror casing was rippling, but I got it fixed. I'd had the car in the shop after an accident, and I thought that the guys at the body shop had something to do with it, because it looked fine...
  13. V

Sticky Hatch Door

I had wanted to go to a local mechanic within walking distance of my house, but when i went there to get my car looked at, the mechanics were wearing no PPE - no face coverings, no gloves - and I did not want them working on my car when they wouldn't keep themselves protected in the middle of a...
  14. V

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

I pretty much drive it to the post office to mail things now That's all, thanks to this pandemic.
  15. V

Sticky Hatch Door

Sorry, everyone, for getting back to you so late, but the problem has been fixed. A new mechanism in the hatch door was the problem, so I had it replaced - for nearly nine hundred dollars! It works better than the original one did before it broke! Glad that's over.
  16. V

Hatch unlocks but won't open

Thanks for the tip! :)
  17. V

I haven't ruled that out.
  18. V

COVID. My mother is afraid I'd catch it if I tried to get it fixed over the winter.
  19. V

Omigosh, I should have sought out this thread before starting one on a similar (exact same?) issue! My rear hatch door gets stuck every now and then when I try to open it with the key fob, and the interior unlocking button doesn't seem to open it anymore. I'm hoping that the necessary repair...