GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. troyguitar

Porterfield R4 track brake pads

I found these in the basement the other day, forgot about them... $100 plus shipping to wherever takes them. Front and Rear Porterfield R4 TRACK ONLY brake pads for GTI (rears for 2011+) Everything used for 1 weekend at Watkins Glen where it rained most of the weekend, roughly 100 minutes of...
  2. troyguitar

These new tablet-friendly websites are all terrible

Am I the only one who finds the new websites for just about everything to be getting less and less useful? vw, audi, bmw for example all have new sites within the past year and they are all massively worse than they were before. A decontented website that requires scrolling down vertically 10+...
  3. troyguitar

Can one be unhealthy without any signs?

I've eaten mostly crappy food my entire life, NEEKIE HOWSER claims that I therefore must be unhealthy somehow. Are there no tests that will show this poor health? I'm skinny everywhere, can do 10+ pull-ups, run ~3 miles a day, have normal cholesterol, low blood pressure, low resting heart...
  4. troyguitar

Bought a gaytronic crossover this weekend

After test driving several I finally decided on this 2001 allroad tiptronic, 90k miles green with gray interior. The car is in fantastic shape but needs some work which seems to be the case with every single allroad for sale so I went for it. Air compressor needs rebuilt (kit ordered), rear view...
  5. troyguitar

Need video editing help

Everything out there seems way too complicated or way too simple to accomplish what I thought would be a very basic task. I have 2 videos. I want to overlay one of them on top of the other i.e. picture in picture while retaining audio from the bigger video. Been sitting here trying various...
  6. troyguitar

2006 S4 Avant 6MT Black/Black $15k

sold
  7. troyguitar

First time plastidip use

Check out the latest iteration of my phone Mount: Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
  8. troyguitar

Troy's "Unicorn" Car and General Car Discussion

This is now the OT car talk thread because Bender doesn't want discussion in other threads.
  9. troyguitar

Watkins Glen 2013

https://nasaproracing.com/event/1540 Who's in? I'll be there in TTC Saturday and Sunday - not sure about Friday, probably still in mostly stock form. Bringing a decent amount of tools, vag-com, and staying at the track overnight if the weather is OK.
  10. troyguitar

Dealer is selling my old GTI

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/detail.jsp?dealer_id=73431&ct=u&car_id=349616233 Price is totally insane, but it does have an APR tune. I left it on stock mode but unlocked. If anyone happens to pick it up eventually, the programs are Stock, 91, 93, 100 in that order.
  11. troyguitar

Any idea how much major CF fabrication costs?

Like fabricating an entire car's worth of panels bumper to bumper - $20k, $50k, $100k?
  12. troyguitar

Anyone compared the cost of driving older vs newer cars?

I've been wondering about this recently. Has anyone compared the overall cost of say a 2 year old used car vs a 12 year old version of the same thing? Where overall means purchase price plus all expenses like loan interest, insurance, gas, maintenance, repairs, rental cars if necessary during...
  13. troyguitar

First Wagon Track Day

(Putting this here since it's not a Golfmk6, feel free to move to track section if desired) Ran the S4 at Pocono yesterday for fun. I was going to wait until I had some more appropriate equipment in place but have been wondering whether to keep the S4 at all versus just buying a Corvette or...
  14. troyguitar

Anyone going to Pocono this weekend?

It's close to me but I don't have any track pads or rotors ordered for my car yet so I don't know if it is worth bothering. The big track does look pretty easy on brakes though, just one big braking section at the end of the oval... Registration: https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1539...
  15. troyguitar

"Speeding doesn't get you there any faster"

On the merits and costs of speeding: I've heard this parroted back at me a few times and have concluded that it is a terrible over generalization. It might be true for city driving but is absolutely not true for me. I've done some experimenting with my new commute and these are the results: I...
  16. troyguitar

2014 Corvette Wagon

I think this deserves its own thread. How has this article been out since May and I have not seen it? This will be the coolest car on the planet: http://chevroletautostore.com/callaway-cars-reveals-2014-corvette-based-aerowagon-concept/...
  17. troyguitar

How to get Android to do what iPhone does?

OK Android folks, I still think my old iPhone 4S was superior to my new Samsung Galaxy S4 in many ways. Here I'm going to post some examples of things I used to do on my iPhone (stock, with no apps written by 13 year olds in Taiwan) that I have not yet figured out how to do. The first one is...
  18. troyguitar

Gf car search is over

No real pics yet as we are still driving it home for the next 7 hours or so, but after an exhaustive search ending with a requirement list of: Small awd automatic with non-black interior and interesting in some way. We arrived at the 2008+ Audi TT The Dsg is ok for an auto and pretty much...
  19. troyguitar

gah Verizon phones/tablets, need input

So my ATT iPhone 4S started dying last week and it cost too much to replace it. I preferred my old Verizon service anyway and get 18% monthly off Verizon through work which means I'm ready to switch back. I went to the Verizon store here yesterday and made a stupid impulse buy without actually...
  20. troyguitar

What is up with new audiusa.com?

Looks retarded: http://www.audiusa.com/ Reminds me of windows 8 beta