GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. DaveSTR

I see a lot of people...

Did an Autotrader search below: Range of prices within this search: Highest Price:$142,500 Lowest Price:$60,000 Average Price:$75,527...
  2. DaveSTR

BMW M2 or GT350?

M2. Mustang is a boat 1M is ugly. Dont care about value. If you did you'd never buy any car. Cars are losing propositions. No one knew a 1M would be valuable when they arrived. Thats a bonus if you are lucky and also very very rare. If you think resale get a 911. The champs of resale now and...
  3. DaveSTR

It's Happening... Subaru STI to get new engine.

Big +1 :) - get out of the 1/4mi acceleration mindset and get out on the roads/mountain roads etc and use the car as designed. Its just a blast. Makes great sounds and has plenty of space etc. Its a great fun anti modern, programmable, does all the work for you car. No silly electric steering...
  4. DaveSTR

It's Happening... Subaru STI to get new engine.

Normal people matter. Hardly. Drive what you like. You will never ever be able to please all. Just you. I love my STi and the thread by GunKata here was part of me exploring the purchase when I was tired of my GTi. It is soooooooooooooo much more fun than my GTi was. No way I will go back to...
  5. DaveSTR

Apparently my neighbors don't like VW's. . .

Yea these MURICANS who think they should get in your private car owning life ought to get a clue. Ford is about as American as any other major Corporation. They arent. They are world-wide profit machines. Sickening to see them waiving the flag about their origin as they offshore more jobs...
  6. DaveSTR

Worst car Subculture

Hilarious lol!
  7. DaveSTR

Worst car Subculture

Young and wreckless is common in any sub-culture. Nothing new. For me lifted trucks driven by ignorant white trash and their SUV cousins are the worst. Love not dealing with that trash in Europe. I reject fully all truck and SUV culture. Its the worst for attitude, and the well, im bigger than...
  8. DaveSTR

COBB Ford Focus ST Test – Review – Car and Driver

+1 with the amount of money in total involved there are other choices to consider.
  9. DaveSTR

The Next Car Swap

+1 we are all vulnerable at some level. Plac press on. U are a tech guy and thats a good thing!!!
  10. DaveSTR

The Next Car Swap

Plac from what Ive been reading, Im not aware of any real 'chronic' issues with your WRX motor. There is some talk about carbon build up issues as it is a direct injection motor. So far I have not seen anything concrete about that. You should be ok man!
  11. DaveSTR

The Next Car Swap

Uh oh another genius with a new car tuned, trying to figure out how to approach the dealer and get a motor covered lol! The ensuing fire-fight there was fun. I had to replace a GTi motor. Life goes on. IM ok with my EJ. Id buy another STi as well. I really enjoy my car. Its a unique and fun...
  12. DaveSTR

Bought a 15 SS

+1 he is driving a car with more power and refinement and see's the light lol! He could have been doing this earlier by not buying 2 GTis and modding them. Pay more and in some cases get more depending on the car you are driving. Also what is the warranty status with a supercharger or is that a...
  13. DaveSTR

GK Goes JDM, Brah. Beats Worst Forum Member on Actually Getting a Car this Century

Older sports car life n fixin! Just do it n be happy. 350 is a solid ride!
  14. DaveSTR

The Official Photography Thread!

Taken with a cheap Samsung Mobile phone It turned out quite good. Not touched up - original. The Abarth Club Germany put it in the national Calendar for 2011. Crazy. They seemed to love it! fall5001 by d l, on Flickr
  15. DaveSTR

2015 Le Mans 24 Hours race

Audi feed/stream - http://www.lemans.audi-motorsport.com/ Livestream of the event (normal race coverage) - http://firstrowge.eu/watch/351191/1/watch-24-hours-of-le-mans.html Corvette stream - www.foxsports.com/motor/corvette-live-stream
  16. DaveSTR

Civic Type-R driving impressions Video

So is my 15 STi and thats what I love about it! Plus the drive it offers vs my 12 GTi I sold is night and day. Its the drive for me. Its ugly and gorgeous at the same time. Strange combo but Im down wit dat! :)
  17. DaveSTR

Go for it. At least a good test to see if the 'drive' is what you like. Looks are always subjective of course. Best of luck! Life's short and drive what YOU like.............
  18. DaveSTR

Yo I have a 15 STi with the wing. I'm a few years older than u. Drive what u like. Thats all that matters. Not what ur age might mean or what some idiot thinks.
  19. DaveSTR

The Next Car Swap

Holy Torino terror batman! Yowza :)
  20. DaveSTR

The Next Car Swap

Nate I didnt see the car as the ad is gone. Sounds like it was a nice car! Not sure your nostalgia for a manual gearbox is good idea in LA. Fun but maybe in second car. The performance AT in the M235i is hard to let go of. It works great in auto or sport and gives you command of the car...