GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. mattdibart

Timing Chain Lawsuit

Hey guys, Just wanted to give everyone some information on the Canadian class action for the time timing chain failures. I am one of the claimants who provided an affidavit and provided my VW records showing my timing chain failed. The law firm conducting the Canadian class action contacted me...
  2. mattdibart

Feeler: Entire Car Part Out

CAR HAS BEEN SOLD
  3. mattdibart

Feeler: Entire Car Part Out

CAR HAS BEEN SOLD
  4. mattdibart

Possible Timing Chain Victim

Car is a 13' GTI, stage 2 with R8 coils. 130k km (out of warranty) I'm a little depressed right now. The Fiance said the car struggled a little to start this morning, was shaking while stopped and the CEL came on/was blinking at times. Came home from work today and ran the codes. Car is...
  5. mattdibart

Windshield Replacement

I have never had to replace a windshield in my life but I had a chip that quickly turned into a crack that is now growing bigger by the day. A new windshield is definitely going to be needed. Can anyone recommend a shop that has decent pricing with quality work? I personally don't care if the...
  6. mattdibart

LED Interior Bulbs

I was wondering if anyone has sourced out their own interior LED bulbs, specifically the front dome lights? I bought the deAutokey interior kit some time ago and one of my front dome lights broke inside of the housing. I spoke to deAutokey and they said it was covered under warranty but I have...
  7. mattdibart

Car shutting off while braking

Just over a week ago I threw a CEL, scanned the car and it was a P0101. I knew my APR intake was due for a cleaning and the car was running fine so I didn't think much of it and figured I would pick up a recharge kit and all will be well. During that week the CEL ended up turning off by itself...
  8. mattdibart

Tire giving wrong psi reading

as weird as that sounds, I was hoping someone has some info on what is causing this issue and what can be done about it. My fiance is currently driving a 2006 Sebring and her TPMS light came on so i went to take a look. Her front driver side tire was low so i brought out the compressor and went...
  9. mattdibart

Rear carrier bolts

I'm in the middle of doing a brake job and I just can't seem to break loose the carrier bolts (m14). I can't seem to get a good angle to get good leverage on my wrench to get these bolts loose. Does anyone have any tips on how they managed to get theirs loose? I just sprayed them with PB blaster...
  10. mattdibart

Rotors and Pads

I am in need of some new rotors and pads for my GTI and wasn't looking to get anything crazy in terms of upgrades. I never had an issue with the OEM brakes so OEM braking quality is fine for me. I am looking at getting a dedicated track car so the GTI will just be for daily driving as well. I...
  11. mattdibart

GTI rates went up

I just got my insurance renewal papers and it looks like all of the rating groups set out by the government have gone up significantly. This caused a decent bump in my annual rate. I guess the idiot GTI drivers are finally starting to cause us some issues. Last year our car rated at...
  12. mattdibart

Getting your car inspected

I was wondering if anyone has taken their VW to just get it inspected. I do all of my own maintenance but my car is rolling up on 90k km and I figured it wouldn't hurt to get a mechanic to do a thorough inspection of the engine, suspension, braking system etc. I was thinking of just paying for...
  13. mattdibart

FS: OEM 18" Serron Wheels

SOLD
  14. mattdibart

Dirty Side Mirrors

I was wondering if anyone else notices this with their Golfs. I have been noticing this winter that my driver and passenger side mirror get extremely dirty, to the point that they are useless with minimal driving time. I know that this is just something all cars have to deal with but it has...
  15. mattdibart

Anyone on this forum?

Just saw this video this morning. Does this happen to be anyone from the forum? lm0OYceIYZc
  16. mattdibart

8 Tires in a GTI?

I am grabbing a new set of tires for me and the GF but pricing in Canada is ridiculous. Since I'm only about 1.5 hours from the border I will be heading to Buffalo to get grab my tires. I was just wondering if anyone has fit 8 tires (no wheels) into their GTI before? All 8 are 17".
  17. mattdibart

2015 Volkswagen GTI Hot Lap! - 2014 Best Driver's Car Contender

Winners - Overall best Driver's Car 1st - Camaro - •tons of grip •great sound •Ultimate pony car •great track ready car •excellent control •"machine you can't wait to drive". 2nd - 4C - •lightweight •ton of fun •Classic sports car •"Italian Romance" •Manual steering is great. 3rd - 911 -...
  18. mattdibart

VWoC/A on Fuel Filters

So I just passed 60k km (40k miles) and will be doing the maintenance myself this weekend. I grabbed all the parts I need (oil, cabin and fuel filter) from the dealer today and lucky for me I got the last fuel filter they had in stock. The parts rep told me they typically don't stock the part...
  19. mattdibart

ESC Fault

Got a bit of a scare driving my car this morning and well since I can't just get up and leave work I thought I would ask you guys for some advise so I can do some self diagnosis tonight. I was driving into work this morning when my car felt like it was cutting power. Nothing was happening on...
  20. mattdibart

Impressive

http://thechive.com/2014/05/12/21-year-old-kid-builds-a-car-that-is-faster-than-any-supercar-on-earth-video/#.