GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Q

Clear coat under hood and engine bay?

I recently purchased a 2012 Golf in Blue Graphite Pearl. I was surprised to see that under the hood there is no clear coat and a lot of the factory blue has flaked off. Were some of these cars not clear coated under the hood? I have owned three other Golfs/GTIs from 2008 to 2017 and all have had...
  2. Q

Appropriate sized wheel spacers?

Hello, I have a 2012 standard golf with 17" stock alloy wheels (ET 51). I'm wanting the wheels to sit pretty flush. Does anyone know what size spacers front and rear will look the best? The front wheels don't look too bad, but the rear wheels need to come out much farther than the fronts...
  3. Q

No instant email notification

I have never received any notification via email about a new post for any threads I have subscribed to even though in my settings I have checked "Instant email notification". Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks. Paul
  4. Q

Persistent airbag light after seat removal.

Hey Guys- After my stereo install I, of course got the airbag light. I do have a current VAG and reset the light, but it immediately comes back on. The error code is a Driver's side crash sensor. I have rechecked all the connectors and cannot see anything wrong. Has anyone else had/solved this...
  5. Q

Those with the MS-8, where did you mount it?

I just ordered the JBL MS-8 and wanted to know where others have decided to mount theirs. It seems to be a pretty decent sized unit. Thanks.
  6. Q

Audio upgrad plan....opinions please!

Hi there. First off, I really want to keep my factory HU. I recently replaced my front components with some Polk Audios and the improvement in sound quality was minimal. That is all I have done. No amp yet. I was wondering what people thought about replacing the front speakers with some smaller...