GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. W

Limp mode scare...

After a bit of wheel hop on acceleration went immediately into limp mode with EPC light on followed by check engine light. Never had experienced the car so weak...no turbo at all...lots of fuel dumping and hesitation/backfire...at times was nearly overheating - coolant & oil temp high...would...
  2. W

Removed SPM engine & trans mounts

Hated to do it but absolutely had to. I was getting a loud jackhammer metallic noise on moderate throttle tip in and let off...at times it was a constant din (like on cruise control) - so loud and obnoxious it interfered with my phone use, radio, conversations and was just irritating. At best it...
  3. W

GTI driver again...and back on UG path...

Hello again.....My eldest totaled my Black 2 door 2010 in July (no one hurt) and I was GTIless until 2 weeks ago when I bought a 4 door 2012 Autobahn Carbon Steel Metallic offered for sale here by a forum member. I had installed Koni coilovers, P3 gauge, DG SS, Hotchkiss fr & r sways, 18"...
  4. W

Latest gen S4 brakes for GTI Mk VI - any thoughts?

I mentioned to my shop that (as I'm starting power upgrades - REVO stage 1 today! Stage 2+ sometime in the futchem...) I might be interested in upgrading my brakes a bit - nothing radical and not interested in spending tons of $ to do it - just want better than the stock (stronger stopping with...
  5. W

Advice on Unibrace & sways

Hi - new to the forum but have been lurking awhile... I'm just begining to mod my 2010 (black 2 door) GTI. I have some experience with the B5 Audi S4 (that I still own) and much is similar - Audi-VW. So while I have some ideas what I want to do - based on what I've done and like on my Audi -...