GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Official California FS/FT/WTB/WTT Thread

Free to a good home. - Located in South OC. Pair of OEM used lower control arm bushings. Buy the Febi TTRS lower bushings and press the old ones out. I bought them installed already and have these left over.
  2. G

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Didn't think of that at the time and none of the DIY's I read/watched seemed to use a DSG vehicle. I ended up unbolting the separate aluminum bracket that bolted to the subframe from the lower control arm mounting point.
  3. G

I needed to replace the rear lower control arm bushings as they were worn out and caused excess camber and wore the inside of both front tires. I replaced them with the solid rubber TTRS bushings and since the subframe needs to be dropped and an alignment performed I did an ECS front subframe...
  4. G

Replaced upper timing cover gasket and the two seals around the cam variator. Hopefully this fixes my oil leak that killed the water pump gasket and the seal around the cam bridge is okay.
  5. G

P2015 after flashing tune

Just had my intake manifold replaced under the extended warranty. Its 10 yrs from manufacture date and 120k miles. I just snuck in there.
  6. G

Rear lower control arm bushings shot. Anti Lift Kit worth it and/or aluminum Passat control arms or just stick with TTRS/S3 bushings? Daily driver and no track use.
  7. G

leak from upper timing cover gasket or loose gasket or something else?

Annnnnddd my water pump seal gave out because of the leaking upper timing chain cover gasket and possibly also the cam girdle bridge(is this the correct name?). Got the intake manifold covered under the extended warranty and the water pump would have also been covered if the oil had not killed...
  8. G

Are two camshaft adjust seals needed? Part# WHT007212B In this view it looks like there are two since there are two camshafts. https://parts.vw.com/a/Volkswagen__/67824510__8433824/CAMSHAFT--TIMING-CRANKSHAFT--BEARINGS-CYLINDER-HEAD--VALVES-LUBRICATION-MOUNTS-PISTONS-RINGS--BEARIN/F51F030.html...
  9. G

Dang just discovered I have this issue as well. Car has sat most of 2021 too. Discovered a puddle of oil and coolant mixture on the garage floor. Coolant warning came up on dash. If I had been driving it and getting serviced more frequently I guess it would have been spotted more quickly. Just...
  10. G

PC Building

So picked up a Gigabyte B550i Aorus and AMD Ryzen 5600G. Computer is running great now. The APU has plenty of performance for me to stream 4k and multitask. Think I found out what my previous problem of random shutdowns were after removing the old CPU from the socket to take pictures to sell...
  11. G

PC Building

No I really don't have high data transfer tasks. You think I'm better off with a B550 board? The cheapest B550 mobo looks like the ASRock B550M for $128. Where as a Gigabyte X570 I is $210. If I go with the B550 I could be all in for $366. Add to that a $110 value in graphics ability and the...
  12. G

PC Building

Spinning things around a bit. I'm just going to put that $110 I would otherwise spend on a GPU to see if it fixes my problem and just get a new mobo and CPU. Thinking of going with an AMD Ryzen 5 5600G and an X570 board. The two can be had for about $470. The 5600G has pretty much exactly the...
  13. G

PC Building

Ughhh yeah I may have to do that. My family member just loaned me the NVME SSD they used with this configuration previously. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on it and got it to crash similarly just panning around in Google Maps. I only have 2 fan pins on this mobo, one for CPU and one for...
  14. G

PC Building

No I don't have any discrete graphic card or know anyone who would. The family member I got the CPU, mobo, and RAM from used a discrete graphics card and never used the on board integrated intel graphics. If I hit go in Furmark I can get it to instantly crash.
  15. G

PC Building

Thanks for the help. I'll try disabling XMP. That would cause my memory to run at half the speed correct? I did do a mem test on it that took over and hour and everything was okay. CPU is running at 35, GPU at 40, VRAM at 28, and SSD at 46(no heatsink with mobo design). I am way over cooled...
  16. G

PC Building

Just built up my first computer as I am still working from home. I am having hard restart issues with no BSOD, Windows recovery, ect. It seems to revolve around heavy graphics usage which can be scrolling and panning around quickly in Google Earth, a video chat with many participants and sharing...
  17. G

Official California FS/FT/WTB/WTT Thread

Catted or non catted downpipe? I'd be interested in the catback though since I'm over uninstalling/reinstalling for smog checks.
  18. G

The old ones are not fast charging but the newer ones are. They also sell an upgrade kit so that you can have fast charging or Amazon has some cheap options.
  19. G

My cheap 12V to USB adapter blew so it was a good opportunity to put in an OEM USB port and to also charge devices at a higher rate. Sadly Double Apex was out of kits at the time so I pieced one together myself. While going through my electrical things in the garage I noticed I had 2 LED door...