GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

‘13 Autobahn Radio

Mechanic searching for rodent damage , may have disconnected something important? Upon return the in car navigation/Media/FM/Phone functions all dead. Any ideas? Is there wiring back there to the radio, or is something else? Thanks
  2. C

2013 Radiator/Sensor Replacement?

Hi Troy, Just wrapped this up with dealer yesterday, and they did the right thing here. They didn’t charge me anything for any of the work done. This turned out to be a very complicated thing even for them to fix. I can post their documentation on it a bit later. But I pick it up tomorrow...
  3. C

They certainly didn’t drive car around after the first repair. All shops do that, and especially since it’s an overheating issue. I’m surprised at vw on this
  4. C

Just found out…the cooling fans didn’t come on…cost to replace $1,240 plus tax….I have an appointment for another shop from 5 days ago. Anyone can tell me what team new fans installed ‘13 gti ? Thanks in advance
  5. C

Just found out…the cooling fans didn’t come on…cost to replace $1,240 plus tax….I have an appointment for another shop from 5 days ago. Anyone can tell me what team new fans installed ‘13 gti ? Thanks in advance
  6. C

The battery isn’t an issue, it needed replacement. I’ll see what happens tomorrow, shop opens up again.
  7. C

Wild times down here. Decided to let the dealership do the work. Went yesterday to pick it up. Paid, but had turned engine off to use facilities. They had given me car running. Get in, and battery’s dead. Buy a new battery for $275, get rolling again. On highway for a few minutes, and I hear...
  8. C

I know…they’re crazy…so they must be ripping me large for this sensor work as well. It’s a bit complicated, but I have a rental car and will drive down to them now. This is in the Ashville, NC area. I’ve already made an appointment with another local shop. I have to drive down. Park the rental...
  9. C

This dealership is crazy high priced for sure. I had my drivers side mirror damaged a few weeks ago, since it’s parked on the street at home. It’s held together now with tape, etc. So I asked for a price on a new mirror. They come back with $1,500 for parts and labor. They are loco! I said...
  10. C

Yes, thanks. I wasn’t contemplating working on it myself. I’m out of town , and not prepared to work in it. As of now, I told them to do it this morning. They say they won’t start working on it till Tuesday. I’m pretty irritated about it all at present, and thinking of canceling them at this...
  11. C

Hi, just read how to get code. Thanks!
  12. C

Thanks for your speedy reply! Car at dealership now. I was going to take it to a smaller shop nearby-NOT a dealership. How do I find the engine code? Obviously I’m not a mechanic, but I love my car! Thanks in advance. I’m going now to get car, will look to find the engine Code as well. Thanks!
  13. C

Wow…I don’t know how to find the engine code. But the dealer is telling me that the radiator and sensor all comes in one piece. Since I posted above, I see YouTube videos where they just replace the sensor, and don’t have to replace the entire radiator.
  14. C

I just checked the price online. I think I can buy the sensor for under $40. Is a completely new radiator necessary? Sounds fishy to me. Thanks in advance.
  15. C

Hi Forum, I have a 2013 GTI Autobahn-bought it new. It has 52K miles on it. My engine light appeared, and it was overheating. Dealer says it’s radiator sensor, and that it must include new radiator. Their quote to repair is $1,300.00 Is this true that u have to replace the entire radiator...
  16. C

Hazard Lights Stay On !

Last night something strange happened. Came out after the car was not.running , and the flashing lights were on. They stayed on for about 20 minutes, with or without the button being depressed, or the.car on or off. After awhile of starting and stopping, they went off. Anyone familiar.with...
  17. C

Only 1,500 Golf R Here?

Was told VW only releasing 1,500 here in '15?
  18. C

10,000 Oil Change ?

Had this done bout 10 days ago. Checked the oil today , and it looked dirty-certainly not clear like it should look after an oil change. Don't they change the oil at 10,000?
  19. C

Dealership Integrity?

Im sitting here waiting for my AB Gti return from the 10,000 servicing. This is the first time a "stranger" has laid hands on the car. How safe are these dealerships regarding stealing original Euro parts , and replacing them with inferior used parts? I hope Im being paranoid, although how would...
  20. C

Commercial Carwashes???

Ive hand washed my new AB since April, claying,using microfiber towels, etc. -to avoid swirls, etc. I wanted to do this forever, but due to weather in NYC, Im unable to hand wash. Car is filthy. What type of commercial carwash do u recommend for fine finishes. I have the black color. I assume...