GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. P

Passing inspection with stage 2 UNitronic

I currently have a stage 2 93 octane unitronic tune on my car with a turbo back exhuast with a 200 cell cat on it. I have been told my car will not pass inspection in NY the way it is. So I have been asking around and it seems like I would have to by a Uniconnect controller from unitronic to...
  2. P

Bilstein suspension component questions

Two questions here, 1: If anyone has the Bilstein B6/B8 shocks and struts with DG or VWR springs OR if anyone has the Bilstein B12 Pro or Sportline kits and has any pics of the ride heights that would be very helpful. 2: I have read something pretty annoying about Bilstein suspension parts...
  3. P

Any Issues with lowering springs?

Just making this for data collection purposes, if anyone has added lowering springs to an otherwise completely stock suspension system on our cars and has or has not had issues(creaks, clunking, etc) please state what springs you went with, what drop did you achieve and would you recommend them...
  4. P

For Sale: OEM 2013 VW MK6 GTI Engine and Transmission mounts

These mounts were removed so I could install stiffer ones. They have about 15000 miles on them and function perfectly as intended. Would like to sell locally in lower NYS but well work something out if someone lives farther away. Would like to get $150 for both.
  5. P

Koni Yellow Kit vs Bilstein PSS

question, anyone know if Bilstein PSS are as stiff as Koni yellows with koni springs like the kit available at moddedeuros. guessing the bilsteins are set dampening wise to mid way between soft and stiff compared to the Koni yellow kit? just curious anyone have experience with these two...
  6. P

Koni yellows with H&R Sports springs

I have been told by a friend and was actually shown a link to a site that offered the Koni Yellow shocks with H&R Sports shocks instead of Koni's springs. but since then the site has stopped carrying them. anyone know where I could get that combo? And also if anyone has any experience with...
  7. P

Someone smack me with some coilovers.

Ok....I was bouncing around the idea of lowering springs. H&R Sport springs to be exact. Cause its H&R number 1 and number 2 they drop the car around an inch or maybe 1.2 inches. Which I think is all I wanna drop it to keep functional yet look better than stock. But After hearing that the stock...
  8. P

Looking to buy some tires

Looking for 4 summer only tires in 225 40 18. Price I'm willing to pay will depend on the tire and it's condition. Have some rims that were given to me for free and looking to wrap them without killing my bank account.
  9. P

mk6 GTI New South Performance vent boost gauge kit DIY

So I bought the New South Performance Vent boost gauge kit for my 13 GTI. and I was wondering if anyone can walk me through the install process. I get a little sketched out when playing with the electrical components of my car and would feel more comfortable with someone giving step by step...
  10. P

Mk6 GTI vs FRS handling mods

I know I know I know, we have a "wrong wheel drive" car vs possibly one if the most praised handling cars since the 3 series and the miata. But my best friend just got a FRS and we pretty much run exclusively on back corner carving roads. He wouldn't race me on a straight cause I would eat him...
  11. P

Tire size for 18x8 ASA AR1 rims

So I just acquired some ASA AR1 rims from a friend of mine in 18x8, they came wrapped in extremely bald(the chords are showing) pzero neros in 245/40r/18. I need new tires but I want to know what tries are going to fit on a stock height MK6 GTI without rubbing. I can do the screw mod if need be...
  12. P

When does a upgraded intake manifold become a good idea?

I am currently stage 2 unitronic and I am compiling a list of upgrades to come before going K04. I know intake manifolds can help every car even NA ones. But I was curious as to when it becomes a good idea to do it to our cars. Can you do it right away on a stage 1 car and get the same...
  13. P

200 cell cat pass it fail in ny?

Having a turbo back installed in my car as we speak and just was thinking to myself will this be able to pass inspection? Anyone living in ny with a catted tube run into issues during inspections? Wanna know ahead of time if I need to make a test pipe :p
  14. P

Best TSI Mount package (Engine, Transmission, and Pendulum) for the MK6 GTI

I have been reading about them and there are plenty of reasons to get them once you have increased your power. My question is what are the best ones? BSH seems to be the most common on here so I am figuring its one of the best for the money. What I am also wondering is is there any difference...
  15. P

Silicon Exhaust sealer for "slipfit" exhaust system

I recently purchased a CTS Turbo TBE, being that it is a slip fit exhaust system, I am concerned it will leak even when fully clamped. Exhaust pastes have been known to deteriorate and simply be a temporary fix. I have good things about exhaust silicones. I have done some research and have come...
  16. P

Unitronic vs S3 Intercooler for mk6 GTI

curious as to the differences, which fits better, which performs better, which is cheaper, what's the best place to acquire theme, your personal experiences, etc. Gets hot where I live so I wanna be kind to my car while also getting some more ponies :)
  17. P

For Sale: CTS Turbo Turbo Back exhaust

I am considering selling my brand new, never been installed, Full turbo back system from CTS Turbo, after much mental anguish between choosing Unitronic or CTS Turbo TBE systems, I chose the CTS, but now I am having a bit of buyers remorse. I am willing to let it go for $900 plus shipping, or...
  18. P

Bilstein PSS vs H&R RSS Clubsports

I DD with my 2013 GTI and I want some coilovers, Apparently Bilstein PSS's are a great compromise between performance and retaining the comfort of the ride at 1080 dollars. So I looked at those and I was set on them, but then someone said that despite what has been said about its harsh ride...
  19. P

Spulen wheel spacers

Kinda realized in my search for a good set of spacers that no one really runs these or knows about them. They are basically like every other spacer, machined aluminum with holes punched in them, but then I saw they come in sets with bolts, like one kit has 2 10mm spacers, 2 15mm spacers and all...
  20. P

H&R street performance coilovers vs Bilstein PSS

I have been set on bilstein pss for a while, but I am now thinking that they may be too forgiving a coilover and that would affect cornering abilities , h&R has higher spring rates that would raise this ability but I have been told the ride is pretty rough compared to bilstein, your thoughts...