GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Roadrunner_GTI

Rod bearing spun!

Did you originally check clearances when building the engine? For higher HP builds I like setting them up slightly loose, but it’s a trade-off with slightly lower oil pressure. I would absolutely not trust those rods given the brand.
  2. Roadrunner_GTI

Ground Control Camber Plates

Selling a set of Ground Control camber plates in excellent condition, only used for a few thousand miles. The spring mounts are for stock diameter and aftermarket lowering springs (Racingline, H&R, Eibach, etc). $300 + shipping Thanks.
  3. Roadrunner_GTI

PSA: RMS + PCV

Jesus this thread took a turn for the worst. iAbed seal here and installed several, granted I'm not a DIY'er, I'm a former machinist / engine builder. Double lip spring-loaded seals have been used in radial shaft applications for the last half-century. Before that we installed 2-pc rope seals. 😉
  4. Roadrunner_GTI

2013 GTI - K04 Build

Made the 8hr drive down to Tail of the Dragon this week and had an absolute blast. Put 1500 miles on the car over the course of the trip and it never missed a beat. 🚗 💨 🐉
  5. Roadrunner_GTI

Stuck Intake Balance Shaft

Not to ask the obvious here but you did remove the water pump drive pulley right?
  6. Roadrunner_GTI

2013 GTI - K04 Build

Figured after 10 years it was time for a front end refresh. Osram Xenarcs, eBay fog light grills, deAutoLED switchback fog lights, and a euro switch w/trigger wire to enable parking lights. So far no light out indicators, and I’m still fine tuning the height adjustment. Overall the cut off...
  7. Roadrunner_GTI

Roll-Center Adjustable Ball Joints

No rubbing now but I had to get creative in the rear to clear, as well as running -2.5 camber. I’m running 255/40r17s and I can’t say I would recommend it. Widest I would go is 245/40r17, which is about perfect.
  8. Roadrunner_GTI

Roll-Center Adjustable Ball Joints

I'm running Superpro balljoints with a Stoptech ST40 328x28mm bbk and mine clear. I believe if you're running aftermarket control arms there will be a clearance issue. The balljoints combined with Ground Control camber plates allow me to have -3.0 camber up front for a proper track alignment.
  9. Roadrunner_GTI

2013 GTI - K04 Build

I ran a Setrab 19 row, you can buy on Amazon here. I paired it with a Mocal thermostatic oil filter sandwich plate and -10AN braided lines. Another option is the iAbed oil cooler adapter plate, which replaces the factory oil cooler and I think is a cleaner install. It also doesn’t require you to...
  10. Roadrunner_GTI

Oil Pressure Gauges

If you're getting 40psi at hot 2k rpm, then I'm not sure why you'd be experiencing low oil pressure at idle. The oil pump is a two stage setup, with the second stage engaging around 1500 rpm. So if below that you're experiencing low oil pressure, but above that you arent, then that tells me you...
  11. Roadrunner_GTI

Clutch is about to go....trade for MK7?

I’ve ran the RSR clutch setup for years at k04 power levels, including track use. It’s a great compromise of performance and low noise levels. You can save some money by piecing the kit together yourself. Our family has an older (2012) Subaru Forester and my mk6 GTI. A couple years ago I added...
  12. Roadrunner_GTI

well just shelled out my new turbo..

These are the oil pressure specs full operating temp at the oil filter housing. Unless you have some sort of blockage in the oil passage to the turbo, I can’t imagine their would be an oil flow issue.
  13. Roadrunner_GTI

The best way to confirm the boost difference thing is to take a log and compare with a previous log. Engine load has a significant impact on actual boost, so it’s worth logging. It may be worth sending a WOT log to your tuner to make sure nothing needs to be changed along with the new turbo...
  14. Roadrunner_GTI

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

This is hilarious because it’s true. I just lurk these days but there’s definitely the clout chasers that do most of the posting.
  15. Roadrunner_GTI

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

That was one particular dumb ass who I think got booted from the group for calling HPDE enthusiasts posers. He also said the group VWRacers needed to change it's name because we weren't "racing". :LOL:
  16. Roadrunner_GTI

MK6 GTI 2.0 TSI. My engine has no oil temp sensor, so where is VCDS getting the value? VCDS, Cobb, VADpro oil temp discrepancy.

European models had the temp sensor, US did not unfortunately. It’s not difficult to add a temp gauge, but not many people do.
  17. Roadrunner_GTI

Agreed, but we’ve not gotten any details other than that it failed. Short of oil starvation, sending metal debris to the turbo oil feed line, or overheating I’m not sure what other external factors would case the premature failure.
  18. Roadrunner_GTI

Oil Pressure Gauges

I don't know how I missed this thread but I definitely think we need more oil pressure data points to baseline what's normal vs not. Keep in mind that oil temp is a huge factor in oil pressure as well, so it's worth logging temps vs pressure. The ECU will throw a low oil pressure light if the...
  19. Roadrunner_GTI

Curious to hear follow up on this because the APR BW unit is pretty solid (arguably more solid than the factory IHI unit) and it's not very often you hear about them failing after such short usage.