GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ncsugray90

F.S. 2011 2 Door, 49,700 miles, Raleigh NC

Sold The time has come to sell my GTI. Pardon if some of the info below is redundant for people on this forum, but its largely a copy and paste of the CL add. I'm not really active on this forum anymore, but I should get alerts about PM's if anyone is interested in the car or has any...
  2. ncsugray90

Preassembled Koni Yellows, Ground Control Camber plates, and H&R Super Sports

EDIT: Everything has been sold, thanks for the interest! I bought a Miata for a dedicated track car, so I'm selling the suspension off my 2011 GTI. I put this on in stages, so I have put different mileage on the individual parts: H&R Super Sport spings: approx. 30k miles - SOLD Ground Control...
  3. ncsugray90

Hotchkis F&R Sway Bars

Edit: Sold I have a Hotchkis front and rear sway bar for sale. Includes bushings for both as well as spacers in case you have fitment issues with the steering rack up front. This set is $580 new and I am asking $300. I ran these on my GTI for about a year and have a few track days on them and...
  4. ncsugray90

Unitronic CAI for CBFA and CCTA motors

Sold I have a Unitronic Cold Air Intake that I had on my GTI for about 20k miles for sale. Comes with the additional mounting hardware, all clamps, and the additional filter you need to use for CBFA motors. No issues with the intake, I am just trying to buy a house soon and no longer track my...
  5. ncsugray90

Nitto NT01's - 235/40r17 used set of 4 $200

I am selling my Nittos off of my track wheels. I no longer track the car, and am returning it to stock, so I no longer have a need for the tires. I have 2 track days and a handful of autox's on the tires. One pair still has the horizontal tread block and one pair has just worn through them. You...
  6. ncsugray90

FS: New Ported/ Polished/ Ceramic coated K04

EDIT: SOLD! Hello all! I am selling a K04 that has had the CHRA replaced by a factory Borg Warner replacement (not rebuilt/reman, brand new) CHRA and been ported, polished, and had the exhaust ceramic coated by SoCal Porting. There are 0 miles on this turbo, it literally came back from...
  7. ncsugray90

Wtb stock exhaust CBFA

Having issues getting my spacer get me through inspections, looking for a stock mk6 exhaust I can put on. Willing to meet buyer anywhere that's a reasonable drive from Raleigh, NC or will pay for shipping. Engine code is CBFA which should have 3 o2 sensor ports. Let me know what you got! Sent...
  8. ncsugray90

Driving roads in TN

Hey everyone! My family has decided to rent a house for a few days and spend a few days by Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg TN. Knowing my family, I'll go insane in the amount of time we will be there, so I was hoping someone could recommend some driving roads near the area where I can get away and...
  9. ncsugray90

17"x8" Borbet Type E, et35 Wheels. $300 OBO

Sold sold sold Looking to sell my wheels. They are Borbet Type E sized 17" x 8" wide and I ran a 235/45/17 tire on them, although I'm sure you could get a 245 to fit if you wanted wider, not sure how small you could go on these if you wanted to stretch them, thats not my thing. They do...
  10. ncsugray90

FS/FT Borbet Type E 17x8 ET35

Looking to sell my wheels. They are currently wrapped in 235/40r17 Nitto NT01s that I will dismount once I find a buyer (just so you know what size tire fits) or you can buy the whole shebang for $1000. I am not looking to sell the tires separately. Wheels are painted black with a durable...
  11. ncsugray90

VW officially recalls water pumps for 2011-2014 GTI's

Saw this on Humble Mechanics FB page yesterday, called my local VW dealer today and had it confimed, I am getting a new water pump fo free. Here the Original Post: Checked my car an sure enough, I have a revision N, so I am getting a replacement. Dealership said it will take about 4-5 hours...
  12. ncsugray90

K04 or larger tracking your car

Hey guys, I was wondering what clutches people here who are tracking their cars with K04 power or more are using. I've done 2 HPDE's so far and plan on running many many more, and eventually want to go to K04 once the car is payed for. I currently run on shitty stock Pirelli's, but do have a...
  13. ncsugray90

Borbet Type E 17x8 ET35 w/ Nitto NT01 235/40/17

Hello all, I am selling my Track wheels and tires that have a little bit of wear, but a lot of life left in them. Wheels are Borbet Type E in 17x8 ET35 and have been painted with a durable urethane paint in gloss black. These come with a set of hubcentric spacers sized for our cars The tires...
  14. ncsugray90

Thinking about a 2015 Mustang GT after loans are payed off

So I like to think about the future. Sometimes a bit far into the future, haha. I should be able to have both my GTI and student loans payed off in about 3 years if I keep paying them off as aggressively as I have so far, and I've been thinking that I may pick up a 2015 Mustang GT as a...
  15. ncsugray90

Suspension Options

Hello all, Just bought a set of track tires for my car. Nice set of Borbet Type E's in 17x8 et35. They came with a set of Nitto NT01's in 235/45/17's and I am a bit concerned with rubbing. Here is a pic as the car sits currently: I am trying to consider my options as to how I can run this...
  16. ncsugray90

Strut difference on track

I have a 2011 two door that I've taken out on track, and plan to continue to do so. So far I have H&R SS springs, hotchkis front and rear sways, and hawk pads front and rear. I was planning on eventually getting Koni yellow adjustable struts to finish off my suspension mods, but was curious as...
  17. ncsugray90

Where to buy a wheel hub tap

Hey guys, I recently discovered that I had stripped a few threads on a lug when putting my wheels on one day. After inspecting the damage, it looked like mostly the threads on the lugbolt collapsed, and all but 1 or 2 threads in the actual hub are fine. I took my car to the local VW dealer, and...
  18. ncsugray90

WTT Snowboarding gear for Intake

Hey guys, I posted this in the Misc. section, but since I'm hoping to trade it for parts, I put it here as well. If it needs to be deleted, let me know and I'll take care of it. Thanks! I have some snowboard gear that I bought last year and never go around to using that I'd like to trade for an...
  19. ncsugray90

WTT Snowboard Gear for Intake

Hey guys, I have some snowboard gear that I bought last year and never go around to using that I'd like to trade for an intake. I'd prefer to trade for the Unitronic intake, but will consider all reasonable offers. A bit about the Gear: Lamar 158cm Hunter Board, brand new, never used Flow...
  20. ncsugray90

Anyone had experience with this BBK?

Hey guys, I've recently taken up doing HPDE's with my car and eventually want to race it in NASA's TTD class. This being the case, I have been researching my options for brakes, as I already have most of my suspension mods already purchased. While doing HPDE's, I plan on using Hawk HP+/HPS...