GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

O2 sensor or alternator

None of those codes suggest you have a bad alternator so I'm not sure where you got that idea but dont go that route. Those are all o2 sensor related codes. Sensor 1 is at the turbo, sensor 2 before the cat , sensor 3 is post cat. So codes are telling you o2 sensors before AND after cat are...
  2. C

2010 VW GTI multiple Misfire

And any other question going through your head about what else cold possibly be neglected like that...What is All of it for $2000..
  3. C

Crackle/Pops&Bangs tune harmful for the engine?

I dot care if they discovered it was good for your car and magically self cured the motor. It. Still. Sounds. Like. Shit. Or somethings Wrong with your car..
  4. C

2012 mk6 gti timing chain issue help please

And also check if your car is pzev, bc they have a really good warranty that VW doesn’t like to make people aware of unless prompted to apparently. But if your car is pzev, basically everything that is related to the emissions in any way is covered by a 15/yr - 150k miles warranty
  5. C

2012 mk6 gti timing chain issue help please

You can monitor the block for it with vcds. I know some say between -5 and 5 is fine but I prefer seeing them between 3-4. 5 or more to me means your starting to play with fire
  6. C

O2 sensor placement before Catalytic converter

Yeah fuck changing out the downpipe just to go pass, Seeing some of the crazy things people do , just to run catless or a setup that they know doesn’t pass just doesn’t seem worth it to me. my old mk6 gti which was fbo, with an Ultimate Racing TB, tuned by Eurodyne stg2 was great. I never...
  7. C

O2 sensor placement before Catalytic converter

dont mess with or add anything to the 1st or 2nd o2 sensor. The first one monitors the air/fuel mixture and makes adjustments to keep the engine running properly and the 2nd measures pre-cat. As mentioned a stage II tune will disable the 3rd o2 monitoring. This will eliminate the CEL from...
  8. C

DG Short shift question.

Yeah the side to side is what you need to focus on.. Front to back doesnt have an issue if its not adjusted perfectly but the side to side one does not leave room for error like the front/back. Easiest way to make sure its right is to get everything locked in to place as instructed, then once...
  9. C

OEM White LB9A touch up paint pens

I have an entire unopened 2oz bottle of LB9A that Ill sell you if your interested. I bought it and then some lady totaled the car, and the paint was delivered the following day ha. So yeah I dot really have much of a use for it anymore. Its the good paint too, from Automotive Touchups, not...
  10. C

2011 GTI with Check engine light needs help (P2015, U102F, U1030, P030x)

When I said the list is extensive, ha i fucking meant it and pretty much every problem you listed relates to parts from that list PZEV/AT-PZEV California Emissions Warranties 15 Years/150,000 Miles, whichever occurs first Service Number/ Component 1714 Oil Filler Cap 1726 PCV Valve 1911...
  11. C

2011 GTI with Check engine light needs help (P2015, U102F, U1030, P030x)

Yeah def do what the others suggested for the p2015/manifold issue. Bad news is that the U102F and U1030 codes are unrelated and are basically telling you that the G611 anti-tamper sensor thats attached to your radiator is starting to fail. This happened to me as well and is annoying cause it...
  12. C

Error: hill hold assist

I know that you can modify the length of time Hill hold assist stays engaged with VCDS, I wouldnt be surprised if you could recalibrate the sensors with VCDS too.
  13. C

mk6 electrical issues demon possesed car

Also at minimum, check the main ground connections that are under the battery box as thats where all the systems yours having weird issues with are grounded to. And a loose/bad ground could cause everyone of those weird things your seeing happen
  14. C

mk6 electrical issues demon possesed car

You def fried some wires, and probably the entire module as well. I had unexplainable electrical issues months ago and ended up finding 6 broken wires inside the harness but def check ALL ground connections. You wouldnt believe the weird shit a bad ground can cause in these cars. Follow this...
  15. C

Radio code

Ah so caveman really DO drive VWs. Do you need the code for a current unit you have? Or need a new code for a radio you recently purchased? Maybe simply just want to know what those 2 words mean? You can help yourself a lot by at least vaguely describing what you mean. Grunting 2 words...
  16. C

Well this sucks...

I expect she was required to walk home alone, no excuses....
  17. C

Crackle/Pops&Bangs tune harmful for the engine?

Please do not get another crackle tune, even if it won’t cause harm In any way. . i don’t believe most posts mentioning how much they love it, there’s simply no way. They sound like total dogshit on our cars plus will quickly annoy the shit out of you bc their obnoxious
  18. C

FS : Rotiform IND-Ts - 18x8.5 in limited release finish

Finally decided to change up wheels on my GTI so putting the Rotiforms up for sale. 18 x 8.5 ET35 5x112 66.6CB but have rings that ill include if your hub is 57.1 - Wheels are finished in what is becoming the increasingly hard to find Black Machined DDT finish that I was surprised to learn...
  19. C

What did you do to your MK6 today?

New "Back to School" shoes The Rotiform IND-Ts are for sale if anyone is interested. They are 18x8.5 ET35. They have some curb rash but are otherwise perfectly fine. No cracks/repairs/bends/etc. Never even got a flat with them. I figure theyd make a perfect winter set for someone or...