GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. MeltedSolid

Ukraine: WAR Huh - What Is It Good For Absorootly Nothing

Hamas: Initiated conflict most recently Killed >1,000 civilians extremist assholes Israel: Colonized the area killed >20,000 civilians Oppressive to the Palestinians, jailing people who speak out against them, authoritarian assholes Maybe war is bad and both can be condemned independently...
  2. MeltedSolid

It's illegal to attack someone already, so talking about it from an external perspective without being in the position to carry it out is kind of moot. Speech is powerful, frankly way more powerful than physical violence, and listening to someone spread stupid, harmful shit, fully realizing how...
  3. MeltedSolid

Nothing's really changed in the last 8 months.
  4. MeltedSolid

I Feel Sorry for People Stuck in CA

"Well, we have found there is no law in California regarding the use of track or sport modes on the street." This isn't a California problem, this is a problem with an officer making up laws and trying to enforce them, then getting away with it. It happens everywhere in the country. The worst...
  5. MeltedSolid

Career Advice (this is weird I get it)

Yea, the unfortunate reality is that it's all just supply and demand. In engineering there happens to be a LOT of demand and not as much supply, so it's disproportionally easy for us. My brother is undeniably better at putting himself to do something and getting it done, and yet he's having...
  6. MeltedSolid

Career Advice (this is weird I get it)

I'm actually in a bit of a similar situation to you, except at my previous job I did do all of those things I feel like I'm being held back from doing here (higher pay here, but what's the point if I'm not doing shit), so I know for a fact I'm capable of it and more. Sometimes there's no...
  7. MeltedSolid

I never thought it was intentional. They're disorganized enough I could see it happening on accident. I'm glad they haven't worked up the nerve to cross that boundary yet, and hopefully they never will. It's the only reason I'm not anxious about impending nuclear war.
  8. MeltedSolid

Russia's fault, but not directly so nothing can happen as a result. Still hilarious that they tried blaming the UK for it, if they had blamed Ukraine they would have been somewhat right, though only in the way a broken clock sometimes is.
  9. MeltedSolid

You're right, the poles blew themselves up for the insurance money.
  10. MeltedSolid

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-war-zelenskyy-kherson-9202c032cf3a5c22761ee71b52ff9d52 I know Russian aim is bad, but 15 miles into NATO territory? That's pretty pathetic... I wonder what's going to happen. My guess is they will demand compensation and use article 5 as a threat if...
  11. MeltedSolid

I'm so confused... This guy is literally trying to construct an argument for us, pretend we agree with it, and say "well then why do you agree with this if you don't agree with Putin's invasion". I don't, the manifest destiny was a horrendous thing that the US did, as well as it's colonialism...
  12. MeltedSolid

Not sure why comparing to the US was brought up... The US is the king of modern day imperialism, with countless dumb, unjust, and exploitative actions around the globe since World War 2. That doesn't really have anything to do with Ukraine though, if the US invaded Canada or Mexico with the...
  13. MeltedSolid

I've been thinking about this for a while. All this talk of "oh no Putin's going to cut off our gas supply!" Idiots you should have been doing that of your own accord decades ago, it's pathetic someone like Putin has to do it for you. This and Russia (Putin's) downfall are the only two good...
  14. MeltedSolid

I don't open that thread any more, so to those who do: I assumed that was a sarcastic title, do they actually believe that?
  15. MeltedSolid

Even if the majority of Russians don't support the war, I think the kind of person who would be in a position to be able to take over Putin's position wouldn't be someone who would take the sentiment of the masses to heart. This is what I'm thinking too. His replacement is going to have to win...
  16. MeltedSolid

Bets on if his replacement will be better at war than him and the situation in Ukraine will get worse, or if they will be smarter than him and pull out entirely?
  17. MeltedSolid

This. Even if Ukraine eventually looses outright, we're getting incredible value for every dollar spent in Ukraine in hurting the Russians.
  18. MeltedSolid

You forget that Russia and Belarus are the same country, so he wouldn't be fleeing Russia if he went there.