GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. I

Tail Light Issues

So I was able to go through the whole car today. Took the back trim out and all plugs and connectors look fine check all connectors with a multimeter and noting is grounding. I also purchased obd eleven and scan for codes so I get a fault code for Left and right tail light lamp and both code (...
  2. I

Tail Light Issues

Yup same exact issue, gonna take a look at this weekend and hopefully nothing crazy.
  3. I

Tail Light Issues

And also are the rear tail light bulb polarity sensitive.
  4. I

Tail Light Issues

Yeah, gonna check that out this weekend. Is there some device i can use to detect a splice in the wire or would a multimeter work.
  5. I

Tail Light Issues

Will take a look at the fuse when i get home. But if the fuse is bad the lights should not come on at all right?
  6. I

Tail Light Issues

Does yours come on for a bit then turn off after a few seconds then give your the bulb errors on your dash.
  7. I

Tail Light Issues

then it should throw a brake light error right? all lights are working brake, reverse turn signals.
  8. I

Tail Light Issues

Does anyone know the factory bulb and size that originally came with the car.
  9. I

Tail Light Issues

Just ordered 16 watts to see if that resolves it..
  10. I

Tail Light Issues

so the reverse lights work fine checked those, those are the only ones giving me issues
  11. I

Tail Light Issues

so they are 921 bulbs Sylvania bulbs states that they are 17.95 watts would the wattage cause that issue?
  12. I

Tail Light Issues

I guess it was the size given to by the guys at Autozone (then again its autozone). Do you know the size by any chance and i can give that a try.
  13. I

Tail Light Issues

just regular Halogen bulbs, i get a error that says rear right and left sidelights its the bulb error
  14. I

Tail Light Issues

I have a 2011 Gti and got an error in the dash to replace rear right and left sidelights, so I went out and purchased a new set and installed them. I had a friend turn the lights on the lights come on for about 10 seconds then turn off and the error showed up again. (every time I turn my lights...