GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

Dual mass flywheel for DSG question

I did the DSG fluid service 30,000kms ago at 70,000kms. The service was also done once before by a previous owner. Shifts are the same as they have always been. I just don't remember noting this sound before. Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox
  2. R

Car Got Broken Into, Left With a Right Mess.

The pop up headlights were also flipped open, and I'm not sure how they did it since the ignition was fully clicked off and the battery was disconnected. Kodi nox
  3. R

Vw golf R mk6

OG owner here of a 2012, I haven't had any major problems, 6 years of ownership and getting ready to hit 70k. I'm not highly tuned but I knew going in that when I go 2 or 2+ I will want to do my clutch before hand. As for traction control, the module can be reprogrammed to allow it to be turned...
  4. R

GTI part out mk6?

Mk6 GTI owner with 130k kms (80k miles ish) I've had mine for 5 years now and have actually spent a little bit on it including: Carbon canister $500, wiper module $500, LPFP $600, tensioner $600. For the most part these things have just been picked up at a scheduled service and replaced...
  5. R

Bluetooth connection

Is anyone else having problems with Bluetooth? No matter what speaker I connect it too it seems to disconnect and reconnect, in a continuous loop until it just disconnects it completely. I reconnect it again, it works for a bit then when I get a notification it disconnects and does that little...
  6. R

Having issue with vland tail lights right turn signal

All I know is, it's not good when wiring is making noise lol, goodluck though 👍🏽 Kodi nox
  7. R

Help ABS and ESP lights on

Out of the blue yesterday my dash lights ESP BAS, Traction Control and ABS came on. Did some googl'ing about it but there doesn't seem to be a straightforward answer. Does anyone here know what's going on? Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
  8. R

Ribbed 12 point 24 mm axle bolt part #?

I want to adjust my chain slack, but I don't have a key big enough nor fitting big enough for my torque wrench to open axle nut. Is it acceptable to use adjustable wrench, or It's best to buy end fitting for torque wrench (my manual says to retighten it using torque)? Kodi nox
  9. R

Polishing wheels DIY

Why skip the glass? Is there a better product for glass or it was just too time consuming? Epic write up overall- I will def try this out. My ride is embarrassingly dirty right now- for shame! snaptube vidmate word to pdf
  10. R

Bi-xenon retrofit HELP

I'm just waiting for that time when I go over a crest and somebody flashes me as my headlights level out. Then I get to show them my quad hi-beams. 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf
  11. R

Garage can't fix my car!! EPC light off throttle

it may go out by itself if the fault does not occur again but may need to be physically reset. it sounds like you have an issue with a sensor for the electronic throttle, in most cases it's the thrOttle body snaptube vidmate word to pdf itself
  12. R

Odin by USPmotorsport and APR

Did you by chance happen to find the cam bridge screen? When I did timing on my 2009 I also found the screen blown out but it was sitting intact in the opening of one of the oil passages in the head and I removed it. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the screen blowout causing damage...
  13. R

New Diverter Valve Still Have P0299 CEL

As the title states, I got a CEL and it was a P0299 code. Did some poking around and it was the diverter valve. Since I am an OEM whore, I wanted to replace it with a factory part but a fellow mk6R owner suggested otherwise. Since the OEM DV's in the TSI engines are known for being horrible, I...
  14. R

Which Permatex sealant for valve cover?

I believe I used PTX Ultra Copper. The key is to use a thin bead, and let it cure for a little bit before assembly. If it makes you feel better, after it's all put together, take it apart again, and see how much (if any) has squeezed out inside the valve cover. Clean it up, reapply in a way that...
  15. R

Golf GTI MK6 EVAP system replacement

ust days before my emissions inspection is due, I throw two emissions-related codes. P0030 and P0456. These correlate to the Heated Oxygen Sensor (front position) and the N80/Evap Purge Valve. How do I know for sure? Well, I went straight to a dealer, because after a little research on the...
  16. R

Clutch pack & Flywheel Suppliers

Even though we are new to the clutch market. We've been having a lot of positive feedback on our clutch kits. If you are used to a SMFW already, it wouldn't really be any different going to our clutch. I can offer you a coupon code on our kit as well, if you would like to purchase it directly...
  17. R

Engine oil completely gone then P0341 code

It is a 2008 subaru if that helps at all. My car will not start sometimes (once a week) but you can hear the engine turn over but not start completely, and sometimes it starts fine. Today it stalled out WHILE I was driving... The auto repair place I brought it to says a bad crankshaft part can...
  18. R

P0341: camshaft sensor of timing problem?

Went to start my car to drive to work this morning and low and behold, it starts, sounds funky for 10 seconds, then shuts off. Throws code p0341, and reads camshaft position sensor bank 1. Searching around I found the timing chain could have also jumped a tooth. Almost 170k miles. I don’t think...