GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. slag

Rebuilding a 2.0 TSI after timing failure at 173k *ON A BUDGET* (less than $1k spent) - And Then Balance Shafts 2 Years Later

It was a brand new pcv valve also. Should have stuck with oem. I don't understand why its only cylinder 4 that was affected.
  2. slag

Rebuilding a 2.0 TSI after timing failure at 173k *ON A BUDGET* (less than $1k spent) - And Then Balance Shafts 2 Years Later

Looks like the PCV valve was the issue. I need to put more time on the car and let it idle for more than 5 minutes or so, but so far, it appears that the issue is resolved. I did drive it around the block and on the highway also for about 10 minutes.
  3. slag

I completely agree. I would expect a miss at high rpm, not low. I haven't hooked up a vacuum gauge yet to see. I do have a vag com, will it show in there somewhere or do I need a physical vacuum tester?
  4. slag

I replaced it originally when I thought my other one was bad. I was toying around with the idea of putting my old one back in (I kept it in a box). I will try that and see. Thanks for the suggestion.
  5. slag

Update on my work. I've been having random misfires on cylinder 4 since I did all this work. At high rpm, the misfire is not present, but at idle, it is there and the idle is erratic. I've replaced the coils, plugs, cleaned the injectors, swapped the injectors, and it's still present. I'm...
  6. slag

I was wondering how many rotations. It sounds fine except for the misfires and the links are off by three on both sides in the photo so I don't think it's skipped timing tbh. I'm just not sure why I'm having issues.
  7. slag

Yep and yep. I just took the cam bridge off and checked timing and it's looks a little off. Will check it again later.. the marks on the cam gears don't line up with the marks on the chain but not sure that's an issue.
  8. slag

Ive been fighting misfire issues and the like and remembered this post. Do you just use carb cleaner to clean it all out or what? I did originally clean mine out and it ran fine, but now it gets misfires at idle and something is not right. Replaced the coils, replaced all the injector seals...
  9. slag

Got the old intake off and don't see any issues with the connectors or the intake itself short of one small plastic piece broken off that I don't think interferes with anything but may be wrong.
  10. slag

I'm also replacing my PCV valve assy. I think its malfunctioning based on the tests I've ran on it and its cheap insurance. I'll compare it to the one I bought to see if they act the same and who knows, maybe I'll have a spare. I'm going to start looking for another GTI here after a bit also...
  11. slag

It's a flip car, but I want it to be good, so yeah, I ordered both pieces, shipping date is the 15th. I was careful when installing the intake manifold so I'm 99% sure the rubber gasket isn't pinched (isn't everyone though?), so I wonder what I'll see when I take it apart. Maybe I can clean...
  12. slag

I might buy the $80 one from ECS https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bremmen-parts/intake-manifold-oe-06j133201bd/06j133201bd~brp/ or https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/intake-manifold-equivalent-to-06j133201bd/06j133201bh/ with all the electronics. I had my wife go out and...
  13. slag

Having a couple codes pop up. P0171 lean and p2015. Previous owner said he didn't have a p2015 code before so I have to assume I've done something wrong. P2015 is the intake manifold flapper and I can actuate it manually so I know it works, so.. I wonder if the lean code means I have a hose...
  14. slag

I was reading up on the immobilizer programming. Looks like I need to hook up the vcds to the car to see if I have the immobilizer 4 with challenger or adaptation. If its the first, I can buy a blank and remote relatively cheaply, get it cut, and program it through the VCDS connection...
  15. slag

I'd like to get a replacement remote identical to my current one that has all the unlock functions. I did go with the official audi/vw tensioner, the latest one, so crossing my fingers that it works well.
  16. slag

Kansas City

I'm out south of Rock Chark Park, south of 6th street, near Stone Ridge and have a couple white GTIs.
  17. slag

This is such a common thing to happen it appears. After doing one, I think I could get my time down to a couple days of disassembly, reassembly, and buttoning everything up. A local ad in the facebook marketplace had a 2012 A4 with the same issue. I hesitated, but should have jumped on it...