GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. dietpeachfresca

dietpeachfresca's white 2013 2.5L

Was screwing around today and decided to finally take some gangster pictures of my stock Golf. Got the ceramic wax on it yesterday, so it's looking pretty hot right now, I guess. It's completely stock right now, so not a very interesting post for a place like this. Got it a few months ago for...
  2. dietpeachfresca

Question about Serpentine Belts on 2013 2.5L

I wanted to replace them when I bought the car, but saw how tight of a space it is, and figured I would just replace them when something else down there needed replacing. The belt looks good, but was squeeling a tiny bit yesterday when warming up. How much of a pain in the ass is it to replace...
  3. dietpeachfresca

Bosozoku Golf, has there ever been one?

I want to see it if someone has done it.
  4. dietpeachfresca

Looking for the part that lights up the selected gear for the shifter on an automatic

Older cars have a light bulb there, but I popped off the trim piece around the shifter, and it looks like it's a small circuit board of some sort. I didn't want to pull the board out, until I can make sure I can get a replacement. But even at night, I can barely see which gear I've selected...
  5. dietpeachfresca

What oil weight do you guys use?

I just got a 2013 2.5l Base. Took a look under the hood today, there was like 0 oil in it. I didn't see anything on the cap or under the hood on what weight to use, read most people use 5w-30. Do these motors drink a lot of oil? The previous owners weren't driving the car hardly for the last...
  6. dietpeachfresca

What do you guys use for phone mounts? Also, will double sided foam stick, and permanently damage the dash?

I use the cupholder mount in my grocery getter, but the cupholders in the Golf are not in a good spot for that kind of mount. I got one of those scosche adhesive ones. I stuck it on the silver trim piece on the passenger side of the dash, since it is nice and smooth, I wasn't sure if it would...
  7. dietpeachfresca

Where can I get a matte black rear badge?

Want to get a matte black rear badge, and maybe a white decal for the inlay. I found this one http://www.bold-sport.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=215 but the website seems to be broken. I can't seem to find one, and I don't really want to plasti dip it. I don't really...
  8. dietpeachfresca

Is there an always hot 12v wire/connector anywhere near the glovebox? Or is my best bet going to the fusebox?

Short version: I want to add a hot 12v into the glovebox. Long Version: I tapped the fusebox to make the console 12v always hot, but I don't like the console 12v for a few reasons. I want to put a 12v in the glovebox so it's easier to tuck away the cable when it's not being used. I don't...