GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Covelight

CSB3: Three Hairs On Your Nipple Makes You A Man

I wish I had gone Stage 2 instead. I don't get how Integrated Engineering and 034Motorsport can sell downpipes and tunes for them, claim that they're "Off Road Use" only, and not get into any trouble. Yet APR has their hands tied. This turbo/tune is only useful above 75 to 80mph - on stock...
  2. Covelight

Bone stock, I could zip from a standstill to wherever I needed. This was especially great whenever I had taxi drivers abruptly stop in front of me for fares (I live in NYC). DTR, I need to perform mathematical and scientific calculations as to whether I can merge quickly or wait for three cars...
  3. Covelight

R owner with DTR here. Bone stock prior. Anyone with a downpipe on their car, avoid this kit like the plague. Like others said, IS38 + accompanying tune from anyone but APR - they only advertise stock dp IS38 files now - and you'll enjoy a much more forgiving powerband. Want more? Vortex or...
  4. Covelight

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Little detail today, but I like it. APR steering wheel insert. Slowly but surely getting this car to where I want her to be.
  5. Covelight

FS: R8 Coil Packs & NGK BKR7EIX

Bump. Price is now $105. BRAND NEW, UNUSED. Free 3-day shipping. https://www.ebay.com/itm/384371571940?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338273189&customid=&toolid=10001&pub=5575378759&icep_ff3=1&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg
  6. Covelight

No worries at all. I'll opt for FCP Euro's offering when the time comes.
  7. Covelight

There have been people who've gone with CTS products who've had no issues as well as those who've had issues. There are also folks who've gone with the X offering and had good success, but to each their own I suppose.
  8. Covelight

Official APR MK6 Products and Information

Gotcha. Thanks for the reply. Ah okay. I'll stick with APR and get the non-X CTS K04.
  9. Covelight

I think the happy medium for me would be the CTS K04 (non X) that's $1500. Thanks though.
  10. Covelight

Truth be told, I'm not too keen on buying a used turbo lol. I don't mind paying extra if it means I've got something new and unused. K04 is the final thing on my list, so it'll be some time until I get there.
  11. Covelight

It's all good lol. I just wanted to convey how good the tune makes my DSG feel/perform. It would lug about after a short while of driving. I resorted to using 'Manual' mode because 'Drive' was unbearable. 'Drive' now shifts where I would normally shift, and it's smooth, quick, and seamless.
  12. Covelight

Official APR MK6 Products and Information

Will there be any future updates to your K04 tune? I understand that there's a new CTS K04-X turbo that's gaining a lot of good press and I'd like to have an APR tune to match that turbo's power needs. Loving your Stage 1 ECU and your TCU tunes thus far!
  13. Covelight

I'm biased, but I recommend APR's Stage 1 ECU/TCU combo (if you have a DSG) lol. Great fun.
  14. Covelight

It's amazing. Shifts are nice, smooth and quick. Honestly, I'd say it's like a PDK (even though I've never experienced a PDK lol). Absolutely recommend their TCU tune.
  15. Covelight

I wish I could've went with APR's Stage 2 ECU before they canceled it. Recently got their Stage 1 ECU/TCU and it's incredible. I plan to go K04 with a CTS K04. The question is, which lol. I know that their K04-X is the bees-knees atm. About to hit 130,000 miles FWIW.
  16. Covelight

FS: R8 Coil Packs & NGK BKR7EIX

Bump. $115, free shipping. Haven't used them since I bought them. Want to sell as soon as possible. Here's my listing...
  17. Covelight

APR Stage 3 GTX Cut Out

Did you do the installation work yourself or did a shop do it? Maybe take things apart to further check for any deterioration?
  18. Covelight

FS: BRAND NEW Red R8 Coil Packs & NGK BKR7EIX

$115, free shipping. Haven't used them since I bought them. Want to sell as soon as possible. Here's my listing...