GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. orrs2000

18 inch Austin wheels for sale

Very minor curb rash, more dirty than anything else. $450
  2. orrs2000

Mixing coolant colors?

My GTI has a small coolant leak that needs to be tended to. However, I need to limp this thing along til after Xmas… I went to the store and bought some coolant to top off the tank… as I’m pouring it in I realized that the fluid in the tank is pink and the coolant I was pouring was neon green… I...
  3. orrs2000

Wheel hop ideas…

Not sure Im quite ready to go full race mounts.. but its helpful to know before I throw a bunch of money at the suspension only to have the problem stay the same. Thanks everyone.
  4. orrs2000

Wheel hop ideas…

I get a massive wheel hop when launching. Can this be corrected with a different wheel and tire? Or do I need something more aggressive with the front sway bar? I’m currently running Koni sport cup springs and shocks with Michelin pilot AS tires on the stock 18 inch rims.
  5. orrs2000

Oil Catch Can Cleaning

The consistency of the liquid was much more water than oil.. so that tracks.. It is mostly short trips to work or running errands on the weekend. Ill keep an eye on it and be sure to check it more often. Thanks!
  6. orrs2000

Oil Catch Can Cleaning

How often does everyone clean out their oil catch can? I have had mine installed for 3 months and maybe 1500 miles and it was already full to the top… does that seem normal?
  7. orrs2000

At what stage do you need to replace the clutch?

I’m pretty sure once I get wider/better tires and reduce the slip I will roast the clutch.. so that’s probably on deck
  8. orrs2000

Extreme Performance and Competition Tires

I am running stock rims, with a flush spacer. Obviously I can remove the spacer if i need to, in order to run a wider tire.
  9. orrs2000

Koni cup kit from ECS?

I am running this exact kit. The drop was a little more than I thought it would be. I think its much closer to an inch than .75. The top of the tire is flush with the fender and it looks good. The ride is much better than I thought it would be, but abrupt curbs and road imperfections can sting a...
  10. orrs2000

Update: The Cobb tune did not take care of my CEL... I ordered a tune from Stratified that definitely did. So far so good with the new tune... the ol' butt dyno says the Stratified tune is a bit more peppy than the 1+ from Cobb and I haven't noticed any clutch slipping.
  11. orrs2000

Extreme Performance and Competition Tires

Does anyone know the widest tire we can run on a MK6? Will a 235 or 245 fit on a 8.5 rim and clear? It didnt take much to overwhelm the traction of the front tires. lol
  12. orrs2000

Thank you, everyone for your comments. I think I will see if the 1+ clears the CEL and if not.. then I will get a tan from that dang light until Im ready to change the clutch.
  13. orrs2000

What started as a simple exhaust swap has grown to a turbo back. I am currently running a Stage 1 Cobb tune with a manual transmission and have access to the 1+ and 2 tunes. Will the stage 2 tune that came with the Accessport clear the CEL for the downpipe? and is Stage 2 too much for the stock...
  14. orrs2000

Replacing Front Brake Calipers (Help)

I only see a wear sensor on the drivers side... but the pads i bought both have a plug for it. Is this normal? and do i just clip the sensor off from the passenger side pad?
  15. orrs2000

Brakes - discs & pads

Any suggestions on brake fluid or brake lines?