GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Everything you should know about a manual 6 speed swap

Getting my trans shop to do this, my 5 speed exploded. Third gear was completely gone and the cases were cracked. 150,000k and I don’t beat on my car. No burnouts, minimal wheel hop situations. Just started making a noise and then in third gear I felt some strange kinda grabbing and the worst...
  2. B

Shorter 3rd gear

Yeah my third is more like three and three quarters or straight up fourth gear. I looked and right now it’s better for me to get the rebuild, it comes with a good warranty, junkyard 6 speed dosent unless I buy it, then buy a full rebuild on that as well, I don’t want to spend that much right...
  3. B

Shorter 3rd gear

How easy is it to have my mechanic get a shorter third gear and instal it if I’m already having the trans rebuilt? What ratio would work well in my 2013 golf?
  4. B

Shorter 3rd gear

Getting my 2013 5 speed manual trans rebuilt and want a shorter third gear, I’m new and don’t know anything about transmissions.
  5. B

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

Soon, before the end of summer mine will be on a megasquirt ecu, if that’s not gunna work I have a next few ecu’s I can get but at a much higher cost. If you know of any options at a good price let me know. Then building a cheap kit with a spa exhaust manifold. I’m getting a low mileage Rx8 as...
  6. B

** Have a Golf 2.5L and want to Mod it? Click Here **

Seriously your the best, I really appreciate the help!
  7. B

Thanks so much for the info I really appreciate it. How did you like the gti coils and shocks? do you know what they are talking about when they say front axle clamp size? Thanks again.
  8. B

Anyone know any Coilovers with separate ride hight and spring pearches for our golfs with the 50mm front strut mount? Apparently the gti front strut is 54.5mm and golf is 50mm so we can’t even put gti springs and shocks in right? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I just almost bought coils...