GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

(SOLD) Building a MK6 R, consider buying this boatload of parts.

Figure this is a s good a place as anywhere to provide a status update. As noted back in December the car is plated, running and driving. I have made a couple of changes to better fit my intended use. First a seat riser, up about 3/4 of an inch. Could probably use some more but at least I can...
  2. M

Just wanted to toss this out there, car is back to life as of today. Only about 20 miles on it, getting it aligned after dropping the front subframe for the trans fix. I think the phrase "traction limited" will certainly apply!
  3. M

Should i tune my stock mk6 R?

I'm driving a Carbon 12 R, now with about 55K. Bought it stock with 24K. Started down the path thinking well, a down pipe would be a nice little bump. Discovered the old adage "rust never sleeps" is true. The car came from the NE and most fasteners on the underside were suffering pretty...
  4. M

My Golf R journey begins

Nice to see you hitting it hard! The MkV is getting a check up this week so before too long I have to get a thread continuation started. Odd, after many, many years of "forum-ing" it will be my only build page effort. Nerves......
  5. M

Hi all, That was me. GIACUser was great to deal with, I tried to keep him posted on my travels from the Midwest. When I was within range, a couple of hours, I gave him a call and was greeted with "Stop on by" so I did! The car is everything I hoped it would be. I'll get a different thread...
  6. M

Just sent you a PM. Thanks!