GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. H

Who do I contact?

I need to contact the administration for the MK7 forum. I have joined but haven't had any activation to be able to post etc.
  2. H

MK6 R V Spa and Nurburgring!

Arrived back in the UK late Friday night after an eventful 5 Day "Tour de Europe". :D I'd like to than DaveB the brake Guru from Vagbremtechnic for sorting me out an awesome brake set-up to go with and test out. 362mm 2 piece discs and full project Mu race pads for the 8 Pot brakes - performed...
  3. H

Second attempt at a video

Hopefully this is a little better than my first attempt at editing. R-Tech charity Dyno day video. http://youtu.be/f6TspFmKOAE
  4. H

No laughing - My first ever video attempt!

Well, for the first time ever I have had a bash at splicing together a few vids. IMovie software and excuse the music as it was a choice of about ten and this WAS the best music on it. Waddya think? Am I the next John Woo/Francis Ford Coppola or what? :D DqsLOjLcKFA&feature=youtu.be
  5. H

Stage 3 R to 120+mph

Stage 3 R to 120+mph. U5TXjXWCh3s
  6. H

Is this quick or what?

Just about ready to take on the opposition down the 1/4 mile. Time to get into the 10's. :happyanim: Some testing in my R. Power calculated as awhp.
  7. H

Golf R V Chevy V8 drag car

I'll just leave this here. :thumbsup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um5lkxJryTc&feature=youtu.be
  8. H

2010 Civic Type R - raped badly!

So, I'm sitting in the queue to go down the 1/4 mile raceway and starts chatting to this guy in a Civic type R. Friendly banter about how quick his Type R is and his future plans for it. It becomes clear to me that he has no idea whatsoever what my Golf R is at all after mentioning fwd and how...
  9. H

My GIAC VCDS boost logs

I've been doing some VCDS logging recently and noticed that the boost requested is good and high. I spoke to my tuner and he said that GIAC have been able to give this high boost map for stage 3 cars for a while now. He mentioned that they have to do some quite tricky mapping of the ECU by...
  10. H

Go Fast Bits - my new DV

Well recently I've had a few issues with the OEM DV sticking under load and so decided to look for a suitable replacement that didn't cost the earth, but did everything I wanted. I came across an Australian company called GO Fast Bits and they had an excellent solution. I'll not try to explain...
  11. H

Hurdy's R thread

Well, I've just noticed that I haven't actually got a build thread in here yet, so here goes. Below is the current specification of the car as it stands at the last update of this post.... Current Specification. Engine/power modifications GIAC Extreme map - switchable through the GIAC...
  12. H

TTS engine cover.

TTS cover finally ready for fitting. :cool: A bit of time and patience finally paid off. Matt metallic grey along with gloss black, deleted the Audi badge and filled in the recess, re-painted the TFSI badge section and finished off with 3M gloss carbon vinyl. Don't know if the 3M vinyl will...
  13. H

My R on WMI

Well, finally the R has had the upgrades and now is set up nicely on wmi and frankly is a complete loon of a motor, especially from a dig. Moved over to GIAC extreme maps on the switchloader and I'm currently running 99 ron, octane booster and wmi in race mode. So, I went to get a run or two...
  14. H

Racelogic Performance Box v's Dynolicious app.

Well today I have done several test runs in the Golf R to compare how a £300+ GPS based Racelogic performance box compares to the £2.99 Dynolicious app being used on an iPad 2 using the GMeter. All I can say is I'm flabbergasted by how accurate the app is. I recently had my car weighed and so...
  15. H

R violated!

Yes it's another car been violated by retarded f**kwits who don't deserve to breathe. Why do people have to do this is beyond me. Yesterday i went up to my mothers to refit her internal bedroom door after having a new carpet and came out to this!! Rear drivers side door with a DEEP scratch...
  16. H

Hub dyno results - A few questions

Today the R went on a hub dyno, supposedly the most accurate way to directly read WHP and wheel torque on a car. The car was done in FWD mode for reference. 313.9whp & AFR at 12.5 Wheel torque at 333.5lbft A few questions.... Calculating back to bhp and engine torque what multiplication...
  17. H

Steel grey anyone?

Probably close to United grey, but an EU specific color. So I took a few shots of the R seeing as I'd given her a clean and the weather was good.
  18. H

Suspension time

Just bought all the bits I need to sort out the suspension. Ordered/stashed ready to go on...... Bilstein B16 PSS10's - had these on the Golf ED30 and they were superb. Whiteline heavy duty droplinks - a new addition not tried before, but worthwhile as the R is heavy. Powerflex full polybush...
  19. H

New alloys went on today

Alloys and tyres went on today. Decided to go for gloss black to match the external trim parts of the R. Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's - Gloss black - 8"x18" - ET45 - 9kg a corner (My original 19's are 14kg a corner) Tyres fitted Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2's - 235/40/18Y - 95XL A couple...
  20. H

Reducing wheel weight/diameter - benefits on performance?

I've been searching the web and there are several features etc on the benefits of reducing wheel weight, namely better performance and better handling. Calculations vary wildly from 1kg saving on the wheel = 1.5kg from the body of the car all the way to 1kg saving on the wheel = 10kg saving on...