GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. norsairius

Sticker placeholders for blank buttons by ESP, Mario kart themed?

Long story short, I stumbled upon this thread after trying to search for where I could get these stickers: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34043 Here's the image from that thread: Where can I get these stickers??? All I could find while searching around was a link to a site...
  2. norsairius

Winter wheel/tire sizing question: GTI vs CC

So I'm thinking about trading in the 'ol GTI because I'm looking for a car that has a bit more luxury while still staying in the VW family. That said, I already run a set of winter wheels/tires on my GTI. The tires are sized 205/55R16 on 16" wheels. This was based on what Tire Rack's search by...
  3. norsairius

Autotech lower engine mount insert review (another one, I know)

I know there's a decent number of these reviews around here, but I figured I'd post another because another opinion never hurts, right? Anyway, this is what I ordered (though mine came from Futrell Autowerks)...
  4. norsairius

Getting torque mount insert, replacement bolt?

Sorry if this has been answered already... I tried searching and couldn't find a clear answer. I'm going to throw in a torque mount insert later this month and I had read somewhere that the bolt used to hold in the torque mount insert is a one-time-use bolt. That said, even if it's okay to...
  5. norsairius

Good body shop in the Milwaukee, WI area?

Anyone know of a good, reputable body shop in the Milwaukee area that is in a spot of town that won't get me shot or beat up by mobs of teenagers (see local news for reference, haha)? My car is fine, but a friend's car got bumped in to and needs fixing. Thanks!!!
  6. norsairius

Electric Smart ForTwo (LOLOLOLOL)

I read Edmunds Inside Line every day and I couldn't help but post this up. http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2011/05/il-track-tested-2011-smart-fortwo-electric-drive-passion.html Summary numbers: Acceleration 0-30 (sec): 5.6 0-45 (sec): 11.4 0-60 (sec): 22.4 0-60 with 1-ft Rollout...
  7. norsairius

2010 GTI: 87 octane vs. 91 octane, Edmunds.com comparison

Sorry if this link is a repost. I didn't see it anywhere else. This has been debated plenty of times among everyone around the forums, but Edmunds.com ran their own independent test of a GTI on 87 octane fuel vs. 91 octane. You can read about their results here...
  8. norsairius

Transmission noise in 2nd gear

I have a manual GTI and whenever I'm in 2nd gear at around 2k RPM, I get this weird whistling/whining-like noise. It's most noticeable while coasting in 2nd gear around that RPM range. This only happens in 2nd gear, not in any other gear. Any idea what could be causing this noise? I took the...
  9. norsairius

Snow/Slush Review: General Altimax Arctic winter tires

Well, we've had some snow up here in the Milwaukee area recently and we're currently under a blizzard warning for the next day or so. That said, I've had at least a few opportunities to drive my GTI in the snow/slush with the General Altimax Arctic winter tires. A bit of background info: -I...
  10. norsairius

Snow tire tread wear/life

I tried searching for info about this, but wasn't able to find too much. That said, just got my first decent covering of snow on the roads right around rush hour traffic (how convenient). Needless to say, getting grip wasn't as easy as I would have liked. I never got stuck (thankfully), but the...
  11. norsairius

2nd gear noise around 2k rpm

When I'm driving in 2nd gear I'll get this noise around 2k RPM that sounds, as best as I can describe it, like a whining/whistling kinda noise (not like a straight cut gear). It's especially noticeable when I let the car coast in 2nd gear around those RPMs. This also only seems to happen in 2nd...
  12. norsairius

A couple of strange noises: clutch/transmission, spool

All right, there's just a couple strange noises I noticed with my car recently. I have a 2010 GTI (manual), I bought it just this past weekend and it is a VW certified pre-owned vehicle. I tried searching first, but there wasn't much I could find here or on the GolfMKV forums (although it may...
  13. norsairius

Hey all, just introducing myself...

I picked up a used 2010 GTI today, color is United Gray. I actually used to drive a 2008 GTI (I'm a member on GolfMKV.com under the same username), but it was technically my parents' so when I graduated I ended up buying a 2009 WRX. Where it gets interesting though, is that I ended up missing...
  14. norsairius

Mosler 'Land Shark'... it's a beast.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=19883 Click the link for full specs and such. It's gotta be one of the most heavily modified cars I've ever seen/read about. After all, it makes 2500 hp. The guy claims he has Michael Schumacher lined up for a test drive around the 'Ring, but...
  15. norsairius

2009 Mazda 6 driver, random complaining/ranting

All right, had to get this out there because it's been annoying the crap out of me. I was pulling out of my parking spot in a parking garage as I was leaving campus for the day. As I was turning my car to go forward I hear this car going full throttle coming right at car from behind. I look in...
  16. norsairius

Day of Defeat Source? Left 4 Dead?

Any players here on Steam PC? If so, look me up: norsairius is the name I play by or my steam username is bleeeaaat@hotmail.com (a now defunct email account). Feel free to add me as a friend, just attach a message saying you're from golfmkv.com if you can.
  17. norsairius

Nissan GTR reprogrammed to 'fix' transmission failures.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/roadtests/2009/02/2009-nissan-gt-r-reprogrammed-our-gt-r-gets-quicker.html So it seems that after the reprogramming, the car is now faster with the VDC on or off than it was before being reprogrammed. Nissan offered to reprogram the cars so that people could use launch...
  18. norsairius

The Count is rather vulgar!

If you haven't seen this, you'll probably find this pretty funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Wd-Q3F8KM If you've already seen it, you'll probably still laugh at it!
  19. norsairius

GT-R failures, blown out of proportion?

I'd say they have been: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=140966?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1.* It was an unfortunate victim of web message boards and news sites where people will tend to only say something if something has gone wrong, not if something has gone right...
  20. norsairius

Starting a blog, check it out...

You can find it at: http://gearheadgamer.blogspot.com My first entry was about Motor Trend's recent article with their comparison test of 8 sport compact cars. I know that I'm probably not the best writer, but feel free to check it out and leave any constructive...