GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. This is Ryans face

Massive change in linear throttle behavior after fresh HPFP install

Been sitting on a new HPFP for my GTI for a while, as I knew the old one was getting to the end of its life span with some stutters on throttle delivery and a faint smell of fuel in the oil on every change. Put in a new pump, brass connector, and cam follower, and it's completely changed the...
  2. This is Ryans face

Front OEM sway bar bushings?

Trying to get rid of a weird slop in steering when going over bumps at speed. The steering wheel wants to almost jerk away if I hit a bump at speed while on an on-ramp. I also notice that when rolling over inconsistencies in the road, the steering wheel wants to follow these inconsistences...
  3. This is Ryans face

Fuel rail logs (asking those with VCDS to chime in)

Real curious with those who have access to VCDS or similar, when you run bar logs on your fuel rail (Measuring block 106) with the car at idle and operating temp, do you get around 40 bar with the number jumping from 39.0-40.08 or somewhere around there? I'm trying to deduce if my HPFP is going...
  4. This is Ryans face

Thinking about replacing the dogbone and hockey puck mount

Gonna use OEM parts for this 'cause I hate excessive feedback, but I was wondering what the consensus is on replacing just the top puck of the sub-frame or both? I know they aren't super expensive, even from the factory, but I believe the lower puck (closest to the ground) rarely wears out...
  5. This is Ryans face

Feedback after replacing Engine/DSG trans lateral mounts... Dogbone?

So I just swapped my lateral engine and lateral trans mounts with lemfoders and now get a decent amount of feedback on throttle letoff, creeping from a stop, and braking to a stop. Seems to be coming through the brake pedal. Also present on initial startup when idling. I didn't replace the OEM...
  6. This is Ryans face

For those who run the B4 Bilsteins paired with any springs....

Are any of you actually enjoying a comfortable and "OEM-like" ride quality from these? Perhaps it's my OEM springs that are just too stiff/compressed from riding on blown struts for a while, but having replaced them with the B4s, the ride quality really hasn't changed for the better when it...
  7. This is Ryans face

Is this quote high or about right?

I'm trying to replace my control arms and motor/trans mounts. I've secured all the hardware necessary as well as the mounts and LCAs with bushings already pressed, so you just bolt them suckers right up. I didn't wanna fuss with pulling apart most of the engine bay and all that, so I got a quote...
  8. This is Ryans face

Gee... wondered why suddenly my exhaust was louder and I could smell fumes through the HVAC

Not sure how the fuck this happened but it explains the above... hopefully this is all that's up once I get under there with a new bolt. Picture is massive, sorry, but the midpipe/downpipe connection flange is missing a heavy duty bolt that I tightened down with a metric shit ton of torque...
  9. This is Ryans face

Bought a new set of NGK BKR7EIX IX Iridium Plugs - do we still gap these?

I don't recall if I gapped the previous set or not, but on a stage 2 APR tune, are these pre-gapped for use out of box or do I need to gap them?
  10. This is Ryans face

Driver's side door suddenly will not open from outside, but opens from inside...

I googled a few different posts, but they all kinda push towards a broken or frozen door handle and not so much the issue I'm experiencing where the car is completely unlocked, the MFD shows all doors are closed. The interior door and footwells are off with doors closed but the driver's side...
  11. This is Ryans face

Is there a solid way to test or diagnose the ABS function?

MK6 GTI, Redstuff pads less than a year old Just flushed brake fluid SS braided lines on all four corners Tyrol Sport caliper pin kit Car gets kind of a mushy feel to the pedal. Had a few ABS lights come and go citing bad ABS sensor a couple times. VCDS shows no errors to speak of. Wondering...
  12. This is Ryans face

Are these still the required bolts for Engine/Trans mounts?

Going to replace the engine/trans mounts at some point in the near future and wanted to obviously use new bolts. Wanted to double check that these were the right bolts/part#'s. Drivers Trans Mount Qty 4 | N-905-969-06 Qty 3 | N-105-524-02 Passenger Engine Mount Qty 2 | N-105-524-02 Qty 1...
  13. This is Ryans face

ASPEC Throttle Body pipe (new unused)

Hey hey, just checking if there's any interest. I know these aren't typically sold on their own, but I have an ASPEC throttle body replacement pipe for 2.0T platform. May fit other platforms, but I bought it to fit on the TSI gen of the EA888. Never used or installed. Gonna probably toss it up...
  14. This is Ryans face

For those running Beluga Racing DPs

Anyone run into a weird acceleration rattle after install? It's almost metallic or pebble in tin can sounding. Seems to only come on under hard acceleration but not always, and isn't limited to just hard acceleration. I'm thinking I have a small exhaust leak, or one of the connection points is...
  15. This is Ryans face

DP stud came out of flange after nut stopped spinning.

So due to @Joe_Mama heckling. I decided to tackle my shitty DP issue once again. I took a saw and chopped off the already decaying DP downturn off the flange from the flange, and was able to loosen my troublesome nut. DP has officially been removed. However, one of the other nuts I originally...
  16. This is Ryans face

Pretty sure I found my exhaust leak

Kinda wondered why I've been smelling exhaust at idle start up. Turned on recirc... no smell. I had suspected an issue before since the flex pipe goes from convex on the border to slightly concave, so this pipe is toast. Been on the car for over 10 years, so I'm pretty impressed. Now the joy of...
  17. This is Ryans face

Has anyone ever run an Intake Manifold Runner check with VCDS?

Going by these instructions: I tried to perform it myself today, but the damn thing takes forever seemingly and you are holding the throttle and brake down while in park. I held it for 5 mins as the slow ass timer ticked down (From 17 to 0). I tried to perform this procedure, got to about 11...
  18. This is Ryans face

Heads up for those with awful MPGs

Been having garbage mileage for some time now, and thought it might've been a combo of shit gas and a lead foot, but apparently it was the fuel sending unit inside the tank. Replaced it with a new pump yesterday and idles, and fueling seem much smoother. Throttle is a lot less jerky, albeit...
  19. This is Ryans face

Is there any OEM-looking options for a US owner with a mirrorlink incompatible phone for headunit upgrade/nav?

I checked crutchfield as some recommended and I really do hate those boxy style double dins that have been the aftermarket go-to for over a decade, and was hoping to find something like the RCD330G that could function in the US as a head and nav unit. I currently have a RNS315 from factory, but...
  20. This is Ryans face

Suspension Woes Cont'd

So I made a post a while back about my plight with my 2011 GTI's suspension. The issue was a nasty lack of steering, shaking, shuddering at highway speeds and an all-around lack of control (plantedness) on the road. So I started from the easy and progressed up. -Replaced all 4 tires -...