GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. F

Cars you wish weren't crap!

I wish the NSX had proper power. I wouldn't dare go as far as calling it crap, but it leaves a lot on the table for the price.
  2. F

Deciding between 2 job offers

Those are very good points and i did consider those. I understand that with the non-union jobs on the railroad (management), sometimes they are the first to go when things get a bit lean and there is generally pretty low loyalty to employees. That played heavily into my decision. Insurance...
  3. F

Thank you, The railroad was CSX Transportation.
  4. F

UPDATE: I was able to successfully negotiate with company 1 to match the salary offered by company 2 while retaining all the benefits offered by virtue of the position with company 1. So basically I lost nothing and gained everything I wanted. I gave my current company 30 days notice and I'll...
  5. F

Graduating into a CLA.

i really fail to understand why MB is even trying to tap into this market. What they do they do well, why not just stick with that. I don't like the idea of a luxury automaker creating a "cheap" car. MB isn't for everyone, that's part of the appeal, IMO.
  6. F

Graduating into a CLA.

I really wanted to like the CLA, but there is absolutely nothing that appeals to me with this car.
  7. F

I think option one is the route i'll go, but I'll also ask them to put a little more cash on the table. I figure the worst they can do is say no.
  8. F

If either role was 100% virtual, that would be epic. The biggest perk of option 1 is that i can skip lunch (as i often bring a sammich and eat while getting gas or whatever), and be home by 2-3 which allows more time to do other things that I want to do.
  9. F

There is some sex appeal with number 2, but I am concerned about the perception of how they treat their employees. I've had a few people tell me to avoid company 2 if at all possible, while i've heard nothing but praise and accolades from people involved with company 1.
  10. F

Absolutely. The money is almost a non issue because they're so close. Considering that with offer two i'd have to buy another car, insure it, maintain it, and put gas in it... I think that eats up the pay difference between quickly.
  11. F

Neither of these jobs would have me rubbing elbows with execs. Both would sort of be like im on an island. Option 1 would technically be working from home, but i'd basically get my assignments, drive out to work them, then when the work is completed I come back home. There is no office that I...
  12. F

I honestly don't know, other than the fact that instead of paying into Social Security, you pay into Rail Road retirement. It's certainly more financially stable than Soc Sec and provides survivor benefits to your spouse should you pass away. I'm an auto appraiser now and i've done it for a few...
  13. F

Guys, I've been offered two positions with different companies and im struggling to figure out which one to take. I have to make a decision today for sure, so i figured i'd post up here and see what you all think. Offer one: Is with a major insurance company as an Auto Appraiser (the guy/gal...
  14. F

what is your ethnicity?

I could only see him on the screen when he smiled...:(
  15. F

what is your ethnicity?

Yeaaaa, not nearly that dark. That's Wesley Snipes status right there. I've got more of the Obama effect going on. ;)
  16. F

what is your ethnicity?

I never thought I was the token black guy of the bunch, but it's certainly looking that way...
  17. F

Car payment freedom

Sell the car, imo. I got rid of my Mk6 and couldn't be happier without the monthly obligation.
  18. F

Selling my house, woes rant

This. They aren't structural engineers at all. They're simply there to point out things the average Joe has no idea about.
  19. F

Testing the 355-HP 2014 Mercedes CLA45 AMG on Ignition

I think this is a really bad move for AMG. This car is cheap (not price wise), and it shows. They were fine when the entry level AMG was the C63, but this trying to appeal to the younger crowd thing is a mistake and I fear it'll cause damage to the AMG brand. FWIW, the C63 also starts at about...