GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

TPMS Confusion on a 2011 GTI (delivered July '11)

Hey Guys. I need to clear up some confusion I'm having. When I first got my Sunroof/Nav 2011 GTI (4 door) It had the TPMS feature. I know this because I get a lot of flats and each time, I had a flat, I'd get the TPMS light on my dash. My dealer at the time told me that while my spare was on...
  2. B

"Dial up Failed" problem with Bluetooth - Need of some help

Hey Guys, This is a bit of a long story - but I think it needs to be told/posted because this problem is too intermittent (and seemingly rare) for the dealer to solve at this point. I am also a Computer Technician so I have attempted to do my own troubleshooting. The Background Facts: Car...
  3. B

Has anyone ever seen S4 17in Avus rims on an mk6?

I have been in search of a photo of s4 rims on an mk6 for a long time. Has anyone ever seen it? Does anyone have a photo they could post? Would they not fit well? Is that why no one does it? Thanks!
  4. B

WTB: 17 Denvers in NJ/NY/CT/PA

I'm looking for a set of Denvers (preferably with TPMS) - no tires. I'm in NJ but I drive a lot and I wouldn't mind taking a small drive to pick them up. Please pm me or respond if you've got a local set for sale.
  5. B

Let's see your Winter Setup!

Just as the title suggests. Are you running stock w/ different tires? Did you downsize? Do you like your tires? How do your rims fit? I'm attempting to make a winter setup but can't seem to get all the info in one place nor could I find a wheel picture thread of winter setups. Thanks! Lou
  6. B

How many entries can the RNS-315 nav and phone address book hold?

Hey guys. I drive my gti as a daily driver for work (I have a consulting business). My contact database from my phone has about 1180 entries. It took about 4 days for the car to sync the whole phone book- but it seems to all be in there. If I add every client to the nav address book I will...
  7. B

WTB: Interior parts from an Autobahn GTI

Looking for the leather armrest and door padding from a leather interior GTI. If you're parting out an Autobahn, let me know. Thanks!
  8. B

Can the armrest and the door panels (cloth/leather parts) be removed?

I'd like to swap my cloth arm surfaces (the center armrest and the door armrests) for leather. I was wondering which (if either) of these can easily be removed? I have heard some people wrapping these surfaces in leather, but since the GTI can come with a leather interior, I figured it might...
  9. B

Does an 18 full size perfectly fit in the spare well of the mk6?

I popped a tire this morning. I was in a rush (on my way to PA) so I changed the flat, limped home and swapped cars. I didn't take the time to check it fully but I was wondering if the rear carpet perfectly fits with a full spare? My carpet was bulged and seemed not to fit but I didn't...
  10. B

Amber bulbs for Clear Side Markers, Let's talk.

I have searched, and read every result I could find. I am looking for amber blinking clear-looking bulbs. Which ones are you guys using and are you happy with them/where did you get them? (I know one result had them but I am looking for options an opinions on this specific search.) Thanks!
  11. B

Played with an "F" RNS 510 today - First Impressions

So... I've been considering replacing my RNS 315 with a 510 and knowing that the past complaints were "speed" related I was excited to learn about the "F" edition which promised to be faster. (most of these claims were from sellers on ebay and other forums.) I do not want to say that the nav...
  12. B

Possible to have each key behave differently (auto-locking?)

My fiancé and I are having a difference of opinion in regards to how the locks work and I was wondering if her key could behave one way and mine another. I like when pressing unlock once opens every door and driving doesn't re-lock them. She likes when the key only unlocks the driver door and...
  13. B

Best way to store the rear shelf?

I just moved mine to load up some equipment for tomorrow but I wanted to keep it in the car. Is there a great storage spot that I didn't realize?
  14. B

Time to introduce myself (and my new stablemate)

Hey all, First I want to thank all of you for answering my possibly annoying questions as I researched the heck out of this purchase. On Friday I took delivery of a 2011 4dr DSG w/ Nav. So far I've loved every single mile of the ~300 I've put on it. Parked in the tiniest space in Brooklyn...
  15. B

Feeler: RNS-315 Brand New in NJ?

Hey Guys, Just got my 2011 GTI with an RNS-315 and I'm considering upgrading it to the 510 as I drive a lot and need traffic based navigation. In order to do so, I'd love to sell my stereo quickly and would love to do it locally. I'm wondering if anyone in NJ would be interested in my RNS 315...
  16. B

RNS 315 Impossible to not have music on while using Nav?

I ran into a weird issue this weekend. (Just got my car) I was on a long road trip with the girl and we wanted to turn off the music and just chat, we tend to do that a lot. We were using nav and I didn't think about it so I just pressed MUTE. That put up the MUTE logo on the screen which I...
  17. B

Do Interlagos and Shadow Blue go together?

I'm a little worried about this combination really going well together. Thoughts? [No offense intended to the person who's car this is.. I'm likely to get this color combo... just thinking out loud.].
  18. B

During CPO process, what are the key things they do?

A car I'm looking at has some pretty gnarly looking rims that are scratched up. I know when BMW CPO's a car they often replace scratched rims. Can anyone shed some light on the trend and the requirements (by vw) as to what they "HAVE" to do and what they "CAN" do? Thanks.
  19. B

Is Shadow Blue an exact match for Santorin Blue?

I was wondering if anyone knew the paint codes of both- and if they are infact identical. I used to have a Santorin Blue Audi, and even in person I think it might be the same mix Thoughts? Both of these Blues change drastically depending on lighting conditions, here are a few reference photos...
  20. B

Do Audi s4 Avus 17's fit the mk6?

I'm worried about your answer, but I just sold my set of these from my previous s4 and now that I'm in the market for a gti I'm wondering how big of a mistake that was. B5S4 had the 17's Also- any pics if they fit? Thanks!