GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ChrisAttebery

Ground Control MK6 Coilover Conversion Kit for Koni struts

I purchased this kit back in April. I picked out my own spring rates and lengths not the standard springs that GC supplies. I installed the front set and drove the car a few miles and took them back off. The spring lengths and rates were off. I decided to sell the car shortly afterward. This is...
  2. ChrisAttebery

SOLD! - 18x8 OZ Allegerrita HLT SE wheels with Nankang AR1 tires

I sold my GTI so I need to sell these. This was my track setup. 18x8 OZ Allegerrita HLT SE wheels. 18x8 5x112 ET48. 17lbs each. The wheels are a special edition Gloss Black with a machined lip that is clear coated. They were only available for a short time. This set is in very good condition...
  3. ChrisAttebery

Chris' 2011 GTI

I sold my GTI about an hour ago. It was a great car and part of me will miss it but it was time to move on. Take care everyone. It's been fun.
  4. ChrisAttebery

Chris' 2011 GTI

I'm going to sell my GTI. It has been a fun car, but it was never my dream car. Yes. This grey really looks good in person. It shows the curves really well. It's Meteorite Grey with a grey interior. It has a set of 19" OZ Ultraleggera wheels. It only has 55k miles on it. I'm looking forward to...
  5. ChrisAttebery

Chris' 2011 GTI

So, this happened today.
  6. ChrisAttebery

Chris' 2011 GTI

So, big change of plans in motion. I test drove a '22 GR86 the other day. I was tempted to buy one but they didn't have what I wanted in stock. I've really wanted a 987.2 or 981 Cayman S but their prices have skyrocketed over the last couple years. I decided to look at a 2011 987.2 Cayman base...
  7. ChrisAttebery

SOLD!!! - Ground Control camber plates

I'm selling my Ground Control camber plates. They have about 30k miles on them and the bearings are all in good shape. We don't get snow here so there isn't any corrosion to speak of. I have the spring mounts for the stock springs and 2.5" coil overs. Ground Control sells the plates with the...
  8. ChrisAttebery

Racingline VWR springs for Mk5/Mk6 GTIs and Golfs - SOLD!!!

That's another option I've been mulling. There's a GR86 manual that's 300 miles away that has Fly-N-Drive written all over it. LOL! Financially it makes a lot more sense than a 7+ year old Porsche that's out of warranty.
  9. ChrisAttebery

Yes, I've been putting this off for a long time but I'm ready to move on. I really want a RWD sports car (Cayman, Boxster, M3, etc).
  10. ChrisAttebery

I'm selling a set of Racingline VWR springs for Mk5/Mk6 GTI and Golfs. They will ride 25-30mm lower than stock. I had these on my GTI but I'm going back to stock to sell the car. Asking $175 shipped. SOLD!!!
  11. ChrisAttebery

2013 GTI - K04 Build

Nice job! Your car looks like it's set up really well.
  12. ChrisAttebery

Chris' 2011 GTI

I've had the car back together for about a month and it's been a little better since I raised it up 1/2". The VWR springs are a better match for the Koni Yellow shocks and the car drives great on relatively smooth roads. Unfortunately there are a few things stacking up against them: 1. We live...
  13. ChrisAttebery

Sean's Shadow Blue GTI

Thanks Sean.
  14. ChrisAttebery

Sean's Shadow Blue GTI

Hey Sean, Out of curiosity what are the specs for the springs you've been running? I just ordered a Ground Control coilover conversion kit and I spec'ed 290lb/in x 8" long springs F/R. Thanks, Chris
  15. ChrisAttebery

Tuning in California still possible?

I had my car smogged in May/June of last year. I have an IE stage 1 tune and it passed. I was actually planning to go back to stock but thought I'd give it a shot. I believe they are looking for tunes that disable/ignore the O2 sensor readiness. AFAIK all of the stage 1 tunes use stock hardware...
  16. ChrisAttebery

Chris' 2011 GTI

I got the car back together this morning. It’s at 25.625” FTG in the front and 25.5” in the rear (~13.25” axle to fender). That’s basically 3/4” lower than stock.
  17. ChrisAttebery

Chris' 2011 GTI

Yesterday I pulled the right hand spindle and strut assembly off the car and took some measurements of the Ground Control spring cup. A couple hours later... While I was in there I noticed that the bump stops look like they are tearing at the base. Well, the cup in the GC camber plate is the...
  18. ChrisAttebery

Chris' 2011 GTI

Today I moved the front sway bar to the soft position and added a little toe out in the front (about 1/16" total) in an effort to reduce understeer a bit. We'll see if that helps. I've also decided to raise the car back up about 1/2". It's hitting the bump stops and rubbing the fender liners...