GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vinyl Roof Wrap and Tint Cost??

isons429

Ready to race!
I just got a quote from a local shop for a roof wrap and tint. 300 total for the wrap, 200 total for the tint. Good deal or is this a little steep?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
tint is ok/fine, wrap is too much, imho - Mine was $100 on sale, usually $150, done by a professional shop.

Ricky Bobby GTI

Say What!!!
I have found that most tint shops will give a "special" price for cash paying customers since this income will not be reported and will not be taxed...lol... I have used the same shop for about 10 years and I pay a flat fee of $125 for any car and any shade of tint. You figure that the material cost maybe $25 per car when bought in bulk so the other $100 is profit for 2 hours of labor.

JhnR

Banned
i payed $200 for my roof, and wrapped my mirrors. They used 3M.

not to bad if you ask me, ive got quotes from $350-$450. In these cases they try to make money of you, especially if you dont know the car scene much.

For tint i got a bomb ass deal for Llumar CTX Ceramic for $199. You can't really beat this deal for ceramic tint.

dsmith2206

I got my tint done for $140 guaranteed for life.

Im also shopping around for the vinyl and have been quoted from 270-350. Glad this post was made or else I would have been forking out $100-150 extra for no reason.

JhnR

Banned
Get Ceramic if you can, keeps the heat out better than regular tint does. A little more $$$ but worth it in the end.

rezadu

Ready to race!
Get Ceramic if you can, keeps the heat out better than regular tint does. A little more $$$ but worth it in the end.

i was quoted 275 for ceramic tint...is that reasonable?

JhnR

Banned
i was quoted 275 for ceramic tint...is that reasonable?

ceramic usually for a full car ppl pay between $300-$450.

I got it for $199 because i know the owner. He charges everyone else $300 and up. I think $275 is not bad. What you can do, call a couple of tint places around and see what prices you get. It will give you a better idea overall of the prices in your area.

drtyjrsy

Ready to race!
prices for tint will vary quite a bit from different parts of the country. it will also be different if you have a 2 or 4 door which no one has mentioned. like he said call around your area, check out some online review sites then make a decision. for ceramic on a sedan we charge 360-520 depending on the brand

FYI it takes longer to tint your windows then it does to wrap your roof and cost of materials (ceramic v. vinyl) is about the same.

tardman91

Ready to race!
Damn. I got my Golf tinted today for $110 cash. 5% limo. Would have been $90 if I went with the legal tint.
My buddy owns a vinyl shop and he was telling me some of the prices for the rolls. That new 3M shit is a lot more expensive than you might think. For some of the carbon fiber weave 60 inch rolls it was a few grand.