GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*** 034Motorsport Dyno Day & Open House - Saturday, August 10th, 2013 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

034Motorsport

Ready to race!

The time has finally come for 034Motorsport's 5th annual Dyno Day & Open House! :D

This year we will have a new Mustang AWD Dyno for the event, which has replaced our Land & Sea AWD Dyno used in previous years.

Free to Attend

Like all every other 034Motorsport Dyno Days, this event is completely free to attend. Come meet local enthusiasts, enjoy hot dogs and drinks, see awesome cars, and take a tour of the 034Motorsport facility! 034Motorsport race cars and shop cars, including the 034Motorsport Time Attack A4 and 034Motorsport GTI-RS will be on display.

Open to Everyone

While 034Motorsport specializes in Audi, Porsche, and Volkswagen, our dyno cell has seen just about every kind of car you can imagine, from Hondas to Bugattis to Ferraris to LSX-powered kit cars. Above all we're automotive enthusiasts, so if you want to sign up to dyno, or just swing by and check out the cars, please feel free to do so!

10% Off 034Motorsport Parts

All 034Motorsport Shwag and 034Motorsport branded products will be available at the shop for 10% off. Items from Beer Glasses to Density Line Mounts are in stock! Additional promotional pricing may be available on other items as well.

$75 Baseline Dyno

Interested in knowing how much power your car is really making? Come get it strapped down on our brand new Mustang chassis dyno, and see how much power it’s making at the wheels! $75 for a clean baseline pull with horsepower, torque, air-fuel ratio, and boost. Additional pulls (up to two) are $5 each.

If You Want to Dyno, Sign Up Early! - Click Here to Register!

We are limiting this year's Dyno Day & Open House to a maximum of 20 cars on the dyno ensure that there is plenty of time to accommodate all registered vehicles.

Signing up in advance online will guarantee you a spot, and gets you a free 034Motorsport T-Shirt of your choice!

If you plan to dyno your car, please download, print, and fill out the 034Motorsport Dyno Sign Up Form & Release of Liability. You must bring this completed form with you to the event in order to dyno your vehicle. Additional forms will be available at the event.

Dyno charts will be emailed to you in a PDF format after the event.

Shirts will be available for pickup at the 034Motorsport facility on the day of the event.

Vehicle Restrictions to Dyno:

If your vehicle is lowered excessively, we recommend raising it before coming to the event and attempting to dyno.

If your vehicle has a bodykit, lip spoiler, diffuser, side skirts, etc, that leaves minimal ground clearance, you may have to remove those parts in order to be able to drive onto the dyno.

If your car is too low, we will have you come back at a different time, during regular business hours, to avoid damage to the car and/or our dyno. If the words flush, stance, tuck, or poke describe your vehicle when it shows up to dyno, there is a good chance that you will be turned away (from the dyno, at least).

RWD (Rear-Wheel Drive) cars making in excess of 400 wheel horsepower may not be able to dyno. The dyno is currently configured to handle high horsepower AWD & FWD cars.

Trucks with extremely wide axles and/or rear tires may be too wide to fit on the Mustang dyno.

If you have any questions about your vehicle in particular, please sent us an email. :thumbup:

Pictures From Previous Dyno Days:

JT641

Banned
$75 for 1 pull? That's insane.

I know You think they would be doing a special since it's a special event!!

When I asked them last year how much they charge they told me $45 for 3 pulls, So I guess they're charging more because they've got a new Dyno :iono:

nuisancecc

Ready to race!

When I asked them last year how much they charge they told me $45 for 3 pulls, So I guess they're charging more because they've got a new Dyno :iono:

True, they have to pay for it somehow.

034Motorsport

Ready to race!
We have 14 spots left! :D

$75 for 1 pull? That's insane.
Additional pulls are $5 each. Feel free to call around the Bay Area and see how much other AWD dynos cost.

Half of those places won't even strap down your car properly, won't provide overlays, won't do proper RPM calibration, won't get boost/AFR, and will only provide you with a crappy printout.

We are providing a discounted rate. A baseline dyno session usually costs $150.

We've never, ever charged $45 for even a single pull. Our last dyno day was heavily discounted at $60 for one pull, plus $5 for each additional pull. We had 30+ cars signed up, and had to reschedule a number of them.

True, they have to pay for it somehow.
We have a dyno so that we can tune cars on it; we're charging enough to cover our tech and dyno operator's time on dyno days.

Here's what your $75 - $85 (for 1-3 pulls) pays for:
  • Use of our AWD Mustang dyno to measure horsepower, torque, AFR, and boost.
  • Two factory-trained technicians to strap down your car, install our wideband sensor/controller, hook up a manifold pressure sensor.
  • One dyno operator to drive your car safely onto the dyno, do the pulls, and drive it off.
  • One staff member's time to collect and arrange forms, organize the order of cars on the dyno, manage keys, etc.
  • My time to compile any and all runs done and email them out after the event, including any overlays requested from that day. (ie: "How much did my car make compared to my friend's?")
Techs and other non-management staff who already work a 40+ hour week are being paid overtime to staff the event.

You are also welcome to a free t-shirt for registering in advance online, and we will provide free food at the event. :thumbsup:

JT641

Banned
We have 14 spots left! :D

Additional pulls are $5 each. Feel free to call around the Bay Area and see how much other AWD dynos cost.

Half of those places won't even strap down your car properly, won't provide overlays, won't do proper RPM calibration, won't get boost/AFR, and will only provide you with a crappy printout.

We are providing a discounted rate. A baseline dyno session usually costs $150.

We've never, ever charged $45 for even a single pull. Our last dyno day was heavily discounted at $60 for one pull, plus $5 for each additional pull. We had 30+ cars signed up, and had to reschedule a number of them.

We have a dyno so that we can tune cars on it; we're charging enough to cover our tech and dyno operator's time on dyno days.

Here's what your $75 - $85 (for 1-3 pulls) pays for:
  • Use of our AWD Mustang dyno to measure horsepower, torque, AFR, and boost.
  • Two factory-trained technicians to strap down your car, install our wideband sensor/controller, hook up a manifold pressure sensor.
  • One dyno operator to drive your car safely onto the dyno, do the pulls, and drive it off.
  • One staff member's time to collect and arrange forms, organize the order of cars on the dyno, manage keys, etc.
  • My time to compile any and all runs done and email them out after the event, including any overlays requested from that day. (ie: "How much did my car make compared to my friend's?")
Techs and other non-management staff who already work a 40+ hour week are being paid overtime to staff the event.

You are also welcome to a free t-shirt for registering in advance online, and we will provide free food at the event. :thumbsup:

I just checked an old quote I have & you're right $85 for 3 pulls, My Bad . So I'm guessing by what you've said that we have to sign up for the dyno in advance. Then Put Me Down For 3 pulls.

034Motorsport

Ready to race!
I just checked an old quote I have & you're right $85 for 3 pulls, My Bad . So I'm guessing by what you've said that we have to sign up for the dyno in advance. Then Put Me Down For 3 pulls.
No worries! It's a lot more effort to pull one of these days off than it seems. :)

Pre-Registration is being facilitated directly through our website here: Click Here to Register!

If you have any issues signing up online, just send me a PM or email with your name, email address, and billing address, and I can set you up with an invoice.

Status
Not open for further replies.