GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

08.5-11 ESP Defeat

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I just tried this for our same exact module, I changed it to 39 and it is OFF. I have to verify Hill Hold/TSC/XDS but I just drifted around like Ken Block through my work parking lot. Also, the MFD nows says ESP off or TCS/ESP Activated.
I was actually just thinking that. Mine did say ESP off, stability control restricted. Isn't that what it said before? I can verify that with mine at 3D hill hold is still activated.

Edit, so I'm guessing now it's just hit the button and everything is off, hit it again and everything is on. Correct? We don't have a two step method?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I was actually just thinking that. Mine did say ESP off, stability control restricted. Isn't that what it said before? I can verify that with mine at 3D hill hold is still activated.

Edit, so I'm guessing now it's just hit the button and everything is off, hit it again and everything is on. Correct? We don't have a two step method?

Before it said TCS off / direction stability limited or something like that.
Now it says ESP off / direction stability limited or something like that.

This is an all on and all off stage now. I need to verify if 39 has Hill Hold like 3D.

aw6141

Go Kart Champion

yeah no two step method, before it said TCS instead

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Before it said TCS off / direction stability limited or something like that.
Now it says ESP off / direction stability limited or something like that.

This is an all on and all off stage now. I need to verify if 39 has Hill Hold like 3D.
Thats awesome. I'm so freakin excited. I actually looked up used newer ABS modules a few days ago. Awesome. Thanks OP!

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
From this post on youtube, it looks like on a MKV R32 with the abs unit AE is confirmed working with two step traction control in the comments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoUnXOZ87S8
Thank you so much! it worked flawlessly on my 2009 Mk5 R32 DSG. 2step button, and i cant even get the esp to engange under trailbraking. PERFECT! thank you so much. Btw my abs unit ended with AE.

zrickety

The Fixer
We only got the 08 R32 in the States, it's probably different. It's normal to have to press the button again after restarting the car. Are you guys changing the byte and then accepting it by tabbing? If you exit long coding helper too soon it will not take.
Regarding XDS I believe that is also turned off.

Last edited:

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Oh man I can't wait to try this.. I didn't think we'd ever be able to fully defeat ESP

engineered2win

Ready to race!
Is there even an option for two step on ours? Control Module Part Number: 1K0 907 379 BC?
There doesn't appear to be with the byte 16 3C/3D/39 coding, but I had given up hope on ever turning off ESP with the button that says ESP ON / OFF, so it's a nice find nonetheless.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
There doesn't appear to be with the byte 16 3C/3D/39 coding, but I had given up hope on ever turning off ESP with the button that says ESP ON / OFF, so it's a nice find nonetheless.

Absolutely, I'll take this setup, I'm going out to verify all over VagCom settings have not changed.

zrickety

The Fixer
Are you saying the other settings were ok? So you are using hill hold without indirect tpms successfully?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Are you saying the other settings were ok? So you are using hill hold without indirect tpms successfully?

Correct, DSR, TSC, XDS, HH, Brake Assist/Booster and all other performance functions are still engaged the way I set them, the TPMS is disabled.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
He told me pumps ending in AH and AJ have a different function. I can confirm this works on the 10 GTI.
ABS Brakes, coding, long coding helper, change byte 16 to 3C. Our DSG car had hill assist enabled, so I checked that back and it changed to 3D. So I hit 'DO IT!' and it worked. Previously showed B5 for that byte. I will also have to attend autox to see the difference.

For a friend, can anyone verify what the coding changes to for the control module ending in AH? Is it truly 3C?

zrickety

The Fixer
'Pumps AH and AJ have here another function...'
Pumps AH and AJ not supported.
From the first post. What car does your friend have?
I am using 3C on the manual car and 3D on the DSG. I had already disabled wheel based tpms for better options.

Last edited: