GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

08.5-11 ESP Defeat

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
ok uploading it now, here it is kinda crappy but it will do, first part shows the old setting, second part is after the long coding change, sorry about the LED being on the phone.

just showing the difference between the two. Unsure if it really works unless I go drive it, and see so I'll have to do that later this week. It looks like it isn't two stage like the 2012 and up cars, but more like the FSI mk5 cars.

The difference is this in the bold:

My old coding byte 16
114B600C492400FA880B06ED92220041B70800

New Coding I put in long coding:
114B600C492400FA880B06ED922200413C0800

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
ok uploading it now, here it is kinda crappy but it will do, first part shows the old setting, second part is after the long coding change, sorry about the LED being on the phone.

just showing the difference between the two. Unsure if it really works unless I go drive it, and see so I'll have to do that later this week. It looks like it isn't two stage like the 2012 and up cars, but more like the FSI mk5 cars.

I just changed it on my 2010, but it's a bit different. I can do a short press and it will just do TCS, or I can do a long press and it will do TCS and than ESP.

corydd

Go Kart Champion
I just changed it on my 2010, but it's a bit different. I can do a short press and it will just do TCS, or I can do a long press and it will do TCS and than ESP.

Nice, it worked! Can you do a write up of how you did it?

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
Nice, it worked! Can you do a write up of how you did it?

its just changing byte 16 to 3c in long coding by pasting it in. you'll see it in my post

Really odd that the 2010 has the two stage, I wonder if there is a code to get it to be two stage on mine

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
wow! so simple.. just a code change and ESP is defeatable and switchable..

kudos to the polish guy! wonder what gave him the idea of changing the code.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
Okay, I switched it back to 34 and now it works fine again. So I think we might be able to have ESP defeat, but at the cost of cruise control. This might only be something with 2010s or manuals or just my car or something though. For the people that have already done this, does your cruise control work with ESP defeat coding?

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
cruise control works for me, I think its traction is disabled, went out for a quick drive, it seems like the traction control isnt flashing on hard launches, but only way for sure is if I take it to an autox...

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
cruise control works for me, I think its off, went out for a quick drive, it seems like the traction control isnt flashing, but only way for sure is if I take it to an autox...

Hmm, I'm going to do it again and see if that is still the case. If it is I'll see if there is anything else that doesn't work.

elcroato1

Passed Driver's Ed
Awesome, can't wait to try this. Goodbye steering angle sensor error!

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
Okay, I did the coding again and it worked and so did the cruise control. I don't know what happened there. And before anyone asks yes I did turn the cruise control switch on and off to see if it works.