GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

08.5-11 ESP Defeat

1 6 D

Hi, video form first post is mine. So if You have B5 or B7 coding it should be changed to not to 3C or 3x
B5 should be changed to BD
B7 to BF.

I have found this when I was trying to learn calculating coding and checking bits which are not described by RossTech.

I have list of 200 cars and in byte 16 probably I see this:
bit 0 Hill Hold Control
bit 1 TPMS in cluster (some cars have it activated with byte 17 bit 2)
bit 2 TPMS active
bit 3 2-stage ESP (not AH/AJ/BH/BJ/BK/BL pumps)
bit 4
bit 5 ADR? (when unchecked it gives error 02186 - Engine <-> ADR Interface )
bit 6
bit 7 DSG? (many cars with DSG have it checked)

IN BH/BJ/BK/BL pumps works method with byte 6 and 14. I have bought BJ pump to swap it in my Scirocco 2009 in place of original AD pump, then I will check other bits for more options.

BTW Without this bit coded, when I hold ESP button for about 10 seconds I had fault about short to ground or similar in ESP switch, with coded, there is no error with same long holding this button.

Last edited:

1 6 D

In Poland we have some Golf 5/Touran/Skoda Octavia/Seat Leon from 2004-2008 years which have this pump swapped, some of them haven't ESP from factory.

I have coded in my friends Eos AJ instead AE pump because of failure. Mechanic doesn't know how to code, I have added one byte in coding plus XDS activation and adaptation, it works like factory thing. If you have VCDS you can code everything. From about 20 individually calculated coding, only 2 or 3 doesn't want code. Some older MK60EC1 pumps have shorter coding (AD/AE/AM/AN/AP/BA).

Dealer can't code pump for other build year if he wanted to do this in online method.

Last edited:

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
going to give this a shot on my BG pump with the B7 long code

Hi, video form first post is mine. So if You have B5 or B7 coding it should be changed to not to 3C or 3x
B5 should be changed to BD
B7 to BF.

Are there any problems by having it on 3C outside of it being single stage esp?

Last edited:

1 6 D

B7 have coded TPMS in cluster and Hill Hold bits, 3C haven't. And haven't checked DSG bit, but don't know what it changed.

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
I tried bf, it worked, but it was still single stage ESP.

EDIT, mistake I put B7 on accident

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Hi, video form first post is mine
I think I talked to your friend, Lukasz? I would like to say a BIG thank you for your work. The ESP was keeping me from truly loving this car. It is one less thing on a short list of grievances.

Last edited: