GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.4 TSI - Engine/Start up problems.

VW6

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m not really sure why you’ve already come to the conclusion it’s the injectors (my reply above was on the assumption you had changed the filter) when you hadn’t fitted the filter until today, it may well not be the filter (I think it is though) but you should have fitted a new one before trying anything else as it’s a major culprit when you have your symptoms, your plug looking a little sooty and the fuel smell from the exhaust are both symptoms of low fuel pressure as are your other symptoms, although these symptoms can point to other things as well i think that in your case these combined point to it being a faulty pressure regulator in the old filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry man, i agree.

Lets see what tomorrow brings, i tend to always expect the worst case.

Along with people telling me its the injectors and when i mentioned the fuel filter they said if it was then my misfire would be on all cylinders and not just the one so that put doubt into my mind but i hope you are right.

My code reader is sh*t as well and has sometimes not shown me a fault code when i have the check engine light and EPC light lit up...

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Sorry man, i agree.

Lets see what tomorrow brings, i tend to always expect the worst case.

Along with people telling me its the injectors and when i mentioned the fuel filter they said if it was then my misfire would be on all cylinders and not just the one so that put doubt into my mind but i hope you are right.

My code reader is sh*t as well and has sometimes not shown me a fault code when i have the check engine light and EPC light lit up...

Yeah the single cylinder misfire doesn’t really fit with it being the filter but as you say your code reader isn’t reading correctly then maybe it’s missing on all cylinders hence the other symptoms! Or missing worse on one cylinder somehow!

VW6

Passed Driver's Ed
Well car is not starting again... :iono:

Starts but cuts out straight away and can hear like a weird whistle noise as it turns off but that could just be me and my ears i will have to record it

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
The in tank fuel pump is another possibility but if you can hear it prime (it won’t prime every time) then it’s probably ok.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Have you checked all of the previously mentioned causes of the P0302 code?

You need to troubleshoot properly not just guess,

Possible causes of P0302

Faulty spark plug #2
Clogged or faulty fuel injector #2
Faulty ignition coil #2
Fuel injector #2 harness is open or shorted
Fuel injector #2 circuit poor electrical connection
Ignition coil #2 harness is open or shorted
Ignition coil #2 circuit poor electrical connection
Insufficient cylinder #2 compression
Incorrect fuel pressure
Intake air leak

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
You would probably be better asking about this in the relevant section of the main forum as other members will have more knowledge of the issue and can likely help better than I can, the regional UK forum is not really visited by many and I only saw your post as I was un knowingly subscribed to it.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
That or general discussions but as your not a 2.0tsi I’m not sure.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
True ill post in general

You may have to wait until later for any responses in your new post as the bulk of members on here are North American, I don’t think they had the 1.4 tsi over there but the symptoms should be universal I would think, a lot of the guys on the forums are very knowledgeable about the VW brand and will guide you in the right direction I’m sure.