GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5 edition 35 front bumper conversion

ahhh there he is. one the guys who did the swap.

he should have the part numbers for you. :thumbsup:

Golf R bumper has the leds which makes it more difficult. you need to get those part numbers as well as the led module I believe to get it work. They don't wire up with the fogs. maybe you can make it work. lol LED fog lights :D

Dun Dun

Ready to race!
yeah the R bumper is OEM. it is missing the two outter grilles and the LEDS. ECS has the 35th edition conversion for what 650 abouts? plus the washer bottle which can't be much. I like the R bumper more but if it is much more involved i'd rather go the easy route considering i fix cars for a living and the last thing i wanna do is have my own car give me a headache :lol:

Dun Dun

Ready to race!
finshed

Getting started

outside waiting for parts we missed

First bath :D

I'm back

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Nice! Now get some HIDs! Mine didn't look in place until I got rid of the halogens :thumbsup:

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

Dun Dun

Ready to race!
yeah I think exhaust is next with carbon fiber valance

Dun Dun

Ready to race!
damn that shit looks good with color matched lip:thumbup:

vwmk6

Hi I live in Vancouver Canada, and recently bought a used 2012 Golf 2.5. I want to do the same gti front bumper swap like you did. Would you mind to provide more information on how you got it done?

1. How much did it cost for your edition 35 front bumper and where did you purchase it from?
2. Is it OEM?
3. Is there any problem fitting the gti bumper on to the 2.5 model?
4. Is is easy to connect or wire the fog lights to the 2.5 model?
5. I have someone is interested in selling me his gti front bumper, who wants to upgrade to a R front bumper. How much is a reasonable price to get a used gti front bumper?

Thank you for you kind help and advice!

whatsthatguy

Hey guys, i'm also doing the exact same bumper conversion from 2.5L. Just ordered the bumper off ECS, could you tell me the list of parts I am missing? Just realized it after it got delivered to the shop.