GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5L Platform General Chat

tBass84

Ready to race!
Oh man, it was A LOT of fun.

Compared to my DIY Short Ram, the APR Carbonio has two levels of growl so to speak. There is a mild growl in the lower torque band, but when it begins to open up and get into the higher end of the band, it sounds SUPER aggressive. A refined and steady growl sound that I haven't heard in other intakes — very nice.

I also noticed that the torque band itself seems to have more of a consistent progression in power which makes for a significantly more comfortable and consistent pull. Overall, A+. Would buy again.

Perfect! I also saw they discontinued the intake, so I gotta jump onto this one!

Got this today:

Just waiting for the boot and Euro Cup Holder [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davserbic

Ready to race!
Perfect! I also saw they discontinued the intake, so I gotta jump onto this one!

Got this today:

Just waiting for the boot and Euro Cup Holder [emoji3]

Do you have a leather e-brake handle? If not, buy one now if you're doing the Euro-cup swap. You'll have the opportunity to swap it while doing the Euro-cup. If not, then you'll have to do it all over next time. I wish I did it then!!

tBass84

Ready to race!
Do you have a leather e-brake handle? If not, buy one now if you're doing the Euro-cup swap. You'll have the opportunity to swap it while doing the Euro-cup. If not, then you'll have to do it all over next time. I wish I did it then!!

I'm lucky, my Sportline had a leather e-brake already [emoji3]

Thanks for the heads up!

tBass84

Ready to race!
Quite stoked on the interior mods [emoji3]

- Audi A3 8P shift knob and boot
- ECS hatch pop kit incl. Double Apex release button
- Double Apex Dual USB charger
- Euro Cup Holder

Before:

After:

tBass84

Ready to race!
No!!! I was just about to pull the trigger on an APR intake for my 2.5L only to notice that APR discontinued them!

They seem to be sold out everywhere! Anyone have any secret resources? Please help!!!

somerset91

Ready to race!
No!!! I was just about to pull the trigger on an APR intake for my 2.5L only to notice that APR discontinued them!

They seem to be sold out everywhere! Anyone have any secret resources? Please help!!!

Cold Air Intakes for the 2.5 are still produced by BSH and USP Motorsports.

Or you can wait 5 months and refresh the For Sale threads in case anyone is selling theirs.

somerset91

Ready to race!
I have an apr intake that I want to get rid of. Ideally I'd like to purchase a cheap pflow or something and then sell the apr. I'd honestly put the stock airbox on if I had it. I bought the car with the apr intake already on though :(

Whaaaat?! What's wrong with the APR Intake?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Whaaaat?! What's wrong with the APR Intake?

Nothing at all wrong with it, I just don't need a cold air intake for this car so I'd sell it for some cash to put towards my project car. My rabbit is just a daily (albeit I have done some mods to it already) but the intake doesnt do much anyways. I have a k04 gti for when I want to go fast

somerset91

Ready to race!
Nothing at all wrong with it, I just don't need a cold air intake for this car so I'd sell it for some cash to put towards my project car. My rabbit is just a daily (albeit I have done some mods to it already) but the intake doesnt do much anyways. I have a k04 gti for when I want to go fast

I see. Power-wise, there's not much that can be done to the 2.5. I have the CAI and a catback, and most of "my gains", if any, is probably all in my head.

I got the intake before the catback and love the growl it makes once it hits 3K RPM.

tBass84

Ready to race!
Cold Air Intakes for the 2.5 are still produced by BSH and USP Motorsports.

Or you can wait 5 months and refresh the For Sale threads in case anyone is selling theirs.

Cheers! I think I'm gonna go with the BSH, love the aluminum construction!

davserbic

Ready to race!
Currently have an APR Carbonio Intake that I was able to find. I bought the APR CAI to replace my DIY AutoZone short ram intake that I made on a whim. The transition from a DIY short ram to the APR Carbonio intake was underwhelming — the upgrade might be more of a noticeable transition from stock intake box to APR Carbonio.

Performance = No noticeable upgrade from previous short ram. MAYBE smoother acceleration throughout the torque band? MAYBE. Throttle response seems unaffected.

Sound = Significant upgrade. Sound of car completely changed from underneath the hood. Now more throaty and aggressive sounding in higher rev range.

Aesthetic = Fucking looks awesome. Carbon fiber pattern is looks genuine and truly modernizes the engine bay with very little additional enhancements. +1 for Hard to find parts.