GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2002 Porsche 911 Convertible

Stinger

Ready to race!
A few months ago I ended up the middleman for a friend who bought my boss's 2002 Porsche 911 convertible (sweet deal btw...30K miles, mint cond. $25K). Anyway, he is thrilled and keeps offering to let me borrow it, so I took up the offer yesterday for the day.

My wife and I did a 5 hrs (with lunch) loop up from Hwy 101 to Sebastopol, Guerneville, Bodega Bay, Tomales Bay, Stinson Beach then back up to Mill Valley. For those of you who have never been around there, it's a pretty nice drive with lots of tight turns and beautiful scenery. Well worth the drive!

Wow, and what a ride that was! I made that Porsche scream and I loved it (my wife not so much..lol)! Add kick in the ass torque and tires glued to the road, I nearly fell in love again. :wub: Hell, I felt like I had cheated on my Stage 1 once I got back in it (I love you baby but you have a spongy clutch and sound like a sewing machine...).

Certainly the Porsche is not a car for everyone. Even if it can be driven like a commuter car, it would be like asking your hottest sex partner to become the parent of your children and be domesticated... The result is often disappointing and costly.

But from time to time?... :23:

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
I plan on picking up a used (4 year old) sports care in a few years and I keep bouncing back and forth between the 2014 Corvette Stingray and a Porsche Carrera S. Even though the Vet is a better power/$ bargain, I keep thinking I'd regret not getting a Porsche.

CSB

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
:needpics:

this

speaking of which, i get to drive my uncles 996 911 c4 probably at the track as well, which will be my first if i do. and yes that car is not that daily drivable, as he dailys a 10 y/o renault megane diesel. getting in and out of that car is something i don't wanna imagine when i go to work and so on.

Stinger

Ready to race!
:needpics:

Here's a pic of the 2002 911 convertible, except the one I drove was black:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Dat 996, doe.

Total bell end for Porsche.

My 01 911 C4 looked great , but was slow as shit.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Dat 996, doe.

Total bell end for Porsche.

My 01 911 C4 looked great , but was slow as shit.

See this is the problem with Porsches as a used purchase. The 996 is the only reasonable and modern buy but it's not the best car.. The 991 needs to start aging. Fast.

butchered by autocorrecr

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
That drive is amazing. I love the Pacific coastline. Guerneville is..... interesting.