GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

(2010 Gti) P2196 and P2096 o2 sensor too rich / too lean

Plsdontblowup

Update: So I replaced the downpipe and I still have the p2096 code. Losing my mind. Any idea why this is still popping up? It brings up two faults on my diagnostic tool. They're both p2096 but one says pending. Any suggestions on wtf my next step is? Going crazy.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Did you solve your 4000rpm issue? Also p0296 will be triggered by the smallest leaks. DId you use new OEM gakset? The crush washer can get worn on the o2 sensors over time and leak from there, turbo flange not completely machined flat etc

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I was able to find tiny leaks in my mine, stuck shop vac in the exhaust set to blow air, then sprayed soapy water all over the downpipe.

Plsdontblowup

I was able to find tiny leaks in my mine, stuck shop vac in the exhaust set to blow air, then sprayed soapy water all over the downpipe.
I didn't install it myself. Ever since I moved out I just don't have the storage for tools, jacks etc. I brought it to a reputable shop, but I feel like they had to have just not sealed everything properly. I'm also getting a code for p2196 again (pending), which is frustrating. Gonna call the shop tomorrow and ask em to check it out. Thanks for all the tips and advice 🤙🏻