GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 Dyno Test

T is for TURBO

Ready to race!
On my other car, I don't hit full boost (25psi) until 4,200, so power below that is.... well... meh. But when it hits, it hits hard and holds well and hard to 8k easily. The sound up top makes me nearly cream my pants every time.

However that instant kick in the ass I remember from driving my old mans 400 small block is unforgettable :w00t:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I hear the M3 V8 is a little boring before the top end and that the (7speed?) DCT model makes better use of the torque

DCT gives you an extra gear... correct 7, slightly better MPG because it revs lover on the freeway, and lightning quick shifts and launch control.

So the M3 with the DCT is faster than with the manual.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah I hear the M3 V8 is a little boring before the top end and that the (7speed?) DCT model makes better use of the torque

yeah, it almost felt like turbo lag to me, it was weird. I'd have to get used to it/driving it right.

DCT gives you an extra gear... correct 7, slightly better MPG because it revs lover on the freeway, and lightning quick shifts and launch control.

"but dude, I enjoy the MT more, surely it is faster, NO!?!?!!!!!??"

:lol:

abalinka

Go Kart Champion
Holy torque. I can't wait to see these things on the road.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
But duz the launch control off itself at 200 launchez?!

Hmm good question, I wasn't able to find it. But I know the transmission def records the number of times it was used... because racecar :laugh:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

WE SPEAK SPANISH (SE HABLA ESPANOL!), POLISH, ARABIC, GERMAN, ITALIAN, CROATIAN, SERBIAN, BOSNIAN AND SLOVENIAN!!**
:laugh::laugh:

That said man that is a good deal, and I like the color combo, I don't like lack of nav/upgraded stereo but that's ok.
But Florida car in IL screams a bit suspicious and I'd have to drive it back to cali or ship for an extra 1-2k

I think I can match that deal here...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/3984435561.html

At a FISKER dealer non-the less they have had some good prices lately...

Believe it or not I think I am going to test drive a mK IV R Sat... and I think everyone I know will disown me after :laugh:

D Griff

Go Kart Champion

At the steep price of being gay. :lol:

:laugh::laugh:

That said man that is a good deal, and I like the color combo, I don't like lack of nav/upgraded stereo but that's ok.
But Florida car in IL screams a bit suspicious and I'd have to drive it back to cali or ship for an extra 1-2k

I think I can match that deal here...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/3984435561.html

At a FISKER dealer non-the less they have had some good prices lately...

Believe it or not I think I am going to test drive a mK IV R Sat... and I think everyone I know will disown me after :laugh:

At least MKIV are less Yaris-like. You could always plastidip the badges to look like BMW roundels.