GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

StigsFatAmericanCousin

Ready to race!
I thought the WRX was getting it's own platform, not just dropping Impreza from the name.

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
Have we discussed the mk6ish designequeness of the interior? It's more than just the wheel

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Yesh it does bear some resemblance to the MK6 in its general layout. That's OK though. If they benchmarked the MK6 superior interior then they too should win.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
The gauge cluster doesn't have the nice tubes to segregate the tach and the speedo. Not interested.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
that interior does look 5x nicer than the last version..

the stereo looks pretty crappy tho.

and something that always sticks out to me.. cheap brake handle boots..

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Agreed, feel is subjective, however most enthusiasts will advise that the shifter feel in many Honda and Mazda vehicles is some of the best for a non-luxury sportscar. The Civic Si I drove a while back was super smooth... I wish my STI's had that smooth of a shifter, so anything that Subaru does to get in that direction is enticing to me if I'm looking at going MT again.

Yea, complaint was around the feel of the transmission. WRXs of old felt like they had a transmission out of a farm tractor.

The 6-spd in my old STI was one of the better Subaru manuals I've driven and it was very notchy, especially the 1-2 shift.

Subaru seems to prefer notchy transmission feel as a company. The Aisin-sourced manual in the BRZ/FR-S is closely-related to the manuals in the S2000 and Miata, so you would think they would feel similar, but the BRZ has some of that STI notchiness to it. Whoever is in charge of shift feel at Subaru seems to prefer it that way.

The smoothest transmission I've tried is in the 350z I just bought. That thing has almost no resistance going into any gate. Feels odd to me, but I can see how some people would like that. Personally I think the S2000 has the perfect balance between smoothness and notchiness, but it's subjective.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion

Easy fix with a custom brake boot from Redline Goods.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion

^this

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Easy fix with a custom brake boot from Redline Goods.

ya.. well i wanted to edit, and say the handle itself too.. super cheap plastic. needs a leather condom.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
would be a really hard decision on my next car now. (no, im not planning on dumping the GTI already, i still love it.) The WRX comes out ahead of the MK7 GTI for me, as you know im always searching for the perfect sedan. The Bee was just too big. I never utilize the hatch for its purpose anyway. Hope the first year launch goes well. I could do a full stereo in the WRX easily, but the same disadvantages, losing some of the factory integration. I'll be more interested in the real power and detailed tune reviews next year.

dtraill27

Go Kart Champion
dropped my car off at subaru this morning for some service and they gave me a ride to work in a 2014 Forester. The radio and climate controls are identical to what looks like will be in the 15 wrx as well as the screen up top which shows the boost gauge etc. The controls all had a nice feel and the radio is still similar in design to the one in my current wrx. The dash wasn't gti soft but it was a major upgrade from the hard plastic in my 11. Overall the cabin was quiet. Really looking forward to sitting in the new cabin

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
dropped my car off at subaru this morning for some service and they gave me a ride to work in a 2014 Forester. The radio and climate controls are identical to what looks like will be in the 15 wrx as well as the screen up top which shows the boost gauge etc. The controls all had a nice feel and the radio is still similar in design to the one in my current wrx. The dash wasn't gti soft but it was a major upgrade from the hard plastic in my 11. Overall the cabin was quiet. Really looking forward to sitting in the new cabin, stroking the dash, and jizzing everywhere.

ftfy