GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ABS issues... please help (logs included)

Tehred5pade

Passed Driver's Ed
2012 vw cc with 150k miles. i replaced wheel speed sensors on all 4 corners, wheel bearing and hub assemblies on all 4, and replaced the pads and rotors on all 4. still having issues. ill leave in all the errors regardless. i tried clearing them and these came back. thanks in advance

Car Scanner ELM OBD2
DTC report
Selected brand: Volkswagen

============1==============
Raw code: 474F
ECU: 02. Transmission control unit
Status: Validated and stored in non volatile memory, Validated fault present at time of request
Volkswagen: P1847 Read data from the fault memory of the ABS control unit; Please read out the fault memory of the ABS control unit
============2==============
Raw code: 0122
ECU: 03. ABS control unit
Status: Test is inhibited by other DTC, Validated and stored in non volatile memory
Volkswagen: Rear Left Wheel Speed Sensor-G46; Rear left speed sensor-G46; Throttle valve potentiometer-G69 signal too small
============3==============
Raw code: 011B
Status: Pending fault present, Test is inhibited by other DTC, Validated and stored in non volatile memory
Volkswagen: Front Left Wheel Speed Sensor-G47; Front left speed sensor-G47
============4==============
Raw code: 0F01
Status: Validated and stored in non volatile memory, Validated fault present at time of request
============5==============
Raw code: 0F02
============6==============
Raw code: D017
ECU: 01. Engine control unit
============7==============
Raw code: 095A
ECU: 09. Onboard supply control unit
Status: Pending fault present during this driving cycle, Test is inhibited by other DTC, Validated and stored in non volatile memory
Volkswagen: Front Left Parking Lamp-M1; Front left parking light lamp-M1
============8==============
Raw code: 0DDF
ECU: 15. SRS
Status: Validated and stored in non volatile memory, Validated fault present at time of request, Validated fault has been present during this drive cycle
============9==============
Raw code: 0498
ECU: 25. Immobilizer
Status: Test is inhibited by other DTC, Validated and stored in non volatile memory, Validated fault present at time of request
Volkswagen: Key; key; Tank ventilation system, solenoid valve 2 for activated carbon-N115 signal too small
============10==============
Raw code: 0B07
ECU: 25. Immobilizer
Volkswagen: ELV blocking conditions not met; Interlocking conditions for ELV not met
============11==============
Raw code: 010200
ECU: 42. Driver door electronic equipment[Archive (inactive)]
============12==============
Raw code: 0524
ECU: 44. Power steering
Status: Pending fault present, Test conditions are met, Test is inhibited by other DTC, Validated and stored in non volatile memory, Validated fault present at time of request, Validated fault has been present during this drive cycle
Volkswagen: Brake control unit
============13==============
Raw code: 0524
ECU: 53. Parking brake
Status: Pending fault present, Test conditions are met, Test is inhibited by other DTC, Validated and stored in non volatile memory, Validated fault present at time of request
Volkswagen: Brake control unit
============14==============
Raw code: 0A4B
ECU: 56. Head unit (MMI) (VW TP2.0)
Volkswagen: The tuner is not turned on or not activated.; Tuner not activated or activated
============15==============
Raw code: 0368
ECU: 56. Head unit (MMI) (VW TP2.0)
Status: Pending fault present, Pending fault present during this driving cycle, Test is inhibited by other DTC, Validated and stored in non volatile memory, Validated fault present at time of request
Volkswagen: Subwoofer, rear left-R15; Woofer, rear left-R15; Camshaft position sensor => encoder G300 signal too high

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
You had the codes before you replaced those things or this only started after? I had an ABS module fail and it just threw up p1316 like you have and some other random abs fault codes. It made the ABS lights go on and I ended up swapping the ABS module and performing the ABS basic settings in VCDS.

Tehred5pade

Passed Driver's Ed
You had the codes before you replaced those things or this only started after? I had an ABS module fail and it just threw up p1316 like you have and some other random abs fault codes. It made the ABS lights go on and I ended up swapping the ABS module and performing the ABS basic settings in VCDS.
i didnt read for codes before i replaced parts. however, all the lights on the dash was on and was doing the exact same thing. could you link me to an abs module. i look on amazon, ecs, etc and cant find one to maybe by. i might try and look into the rear hub assembly and sensor again... maybe there is a way to test continuity of the sensor... idk

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Still not 100% sure if this is your problem but codes are similar. Not sure how to test it with VCDS but I knew it was prob the ABS module on mine because 08.5-09s had bad ABS modules that failed all the time VW even issued a recall. I slammed on the brakes to test it and ABS never kicked in.

Tehred5pade

Passed Driver's Ed
Still not 100% sure if this is your problem but codes are similar. Not sure how to test it with VCDS but I knew it was prob the ABS module on mine because 08.5-09s had bad ABS modules that failed all the time VW even issued a recall. I slammed on the brakes to test it and ABS never kicked in.
my abs is always kicking around. i might just roll with the crap until it gets a lot worse. i just need it to last another year to tear and half till the cybertruck comes out. i leave out of country for half a year in about 2mons too. my wife can just drive our other car. im fed up with this car at this point.

i have 150k miles on it and the timing jumped 7 teeth on the chain. how the a valve didnt kiss a piston is beyond me. i replaced the timing chain, tensioner, and rails, then the rear main seal blew out and i replaced it, then my transmission filter housing cracked, then the vacuum pump went out, then the intake manifold went out, my o2 sensor is bad, and the list im sure will continue. i honestly think im done working on this thing... changing oil... nope. this car is the exact reason i bought my first tesla and why ill only buy electric in the future. ef this car. i work on the mh53e for a living... i dont need to come home and have fun working on a new thing every other month. i used to love vw... but when i cant track down an issue and instead of telling me with all the efing sensors it has on it, it just tells me because of this issue, this isnt working, which caused this issue to not work... which caused my efing unlock button on my key fob to not work... the lock button works though... thank God for that, it would be weird to have it not unlock but lock like a normal car.

btw, this car looks like it rolled off the show room. paint, body, interior, all perfect.... worth maybe $6k if it worked. cant wait to dump this pos

i needed to rant cause im about to throw it into the ocean

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I know that feel, I was a crew chief in the Air Force and it wasn't always fun to come home to work on broken cars after working on broken ass planes lmao. Kind of a shame about the gen 1 TSI because besides the bad tensioner and all the shitty VW sensors around the car the actual engine itself is pretty tough .