GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ac delete?

TBlown

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone done an ac delete on their mk6? looking to delete mine because im tucking my bay but was wondering how to delete the compressor because you cant just use a shorter belt. Any ideas?

TBlown

Passed Driver's Ed
There's an oem dummy pulley you have to use along with a shorter belt. Skoda and some of the other vw brands sold cars in other countries without ac and used this engine, I'll try to find the part number for you tomorrow when I get to my PC but you could probably Google and find it.
yeah I just found that out. The part number is 06J 145 172 the problem is they are over $400 for some reason.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
yeah I just found that out. The part number is 06J 145 172 the problem is they are over $400 for some reason.
Yeah they're expensive for what it is. They're priced like that because none of the parts suppliers here carry them so the overseas market knows that and price gouges them. Next time I go to London for work I'm going to try and pick one up.

zrickety

The Fixer
You get some weight savings, but performance wise the compressor acts as just a pulley when you're not using it.
You might get lucky with a smaller pulley or bearing on the tensioner itself using a shorter belt, but I know clearance is tight.
Another option would be to remove the tensioner entirely, and try to create some adjustment on the alternator bolts.

TBlown

Passed Driver's Ed
You get some weight savings, but performance wise the compressor acts as just a pulley when you're not using it.
You might get lucky with a smaller pulley or bearing on the tensioner itself using a shorter belt, but I know clearance is tight.
Another option would be to remove the tensioner entirely, and try to create some adjustment on the alternator bolts.
Yeah the weight saving is a bonus im mostly doing it to get rid of the ac lines in my bay. So your saying use the alternator as a tansioner basically?

zrickety

The Fixer
That's what it would take without the special bracket or the tensioner in there. I'm thinking some longer bolts with nuts you could adjust. Miles cheaper than that part. On my Jeep, the alternator is adjustable for the tension.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
vwpartsvortex has it for $375. Cheapest place you'll likely find it.

zrickety

The Fixer
Yeah they're expensive for what it is. They're priced like that because none of the parts suppliers here carry them so the overseas market knows that and price gouges them. Next time I go to London for work I'm going to try and pick one up.
Jay can you go to London again and get one of these for me? Will paypal you for your trouble.

buttcrack9

Has anyone done an ac delete on their mk6? looking to delete mine because im tucking my bay but was wondering how to delete the compressor because you cant just use a shorter belt. Any ideas?
AC is for fat people, women, and fat women.

Why can't you use a shorter belt? I did. I bought a 950mm belt from beltplace for about $20 shipped including government armed robbery: https://beltpalace.com/6pk950.html

IMG_4973 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4952 (Medium).JPG

IMG_5179 (Medium).JPG

jay745

jay745

CO-DAN

Don't bother. I ordered that and they canceled the order right away saying it's a mistake and shouldn't be listed on their site. 2 years later it's still there
Good to know. I had already ordered it, will expect them to cancel it soon.