GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adding Soundaktor to another car?

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys I got a different car and I've got my old Soundaktor and module laying around. I remember it sounding okay with the Soundaktor in there and I was wondering if anyone had added the Soundaktor to another vehicle? I was thinking maybe a hall or piezo type pickup and some clever thinking might work. What do you think? Car in question is a ford explorer.

Sent from an abacus

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
You know, I've always wondered what my M3 would sound like with a Soundaktor

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I wonder if anyone has two lying around. I could put one in my Silverado and Cobra. Damn....

Anyhow, sub'd for this.

Great idea! :thumbup::thumbup:

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Ah c'mon guys i am actually serious, someone has to have done this before. Bender I will probably just wire it to switched 12v.

Sent from an abacus

Bender1

Banned
Ah c'mon guys i am actually serious, someone has to have done this before. Bender I will probably just wire it to switched 12v.

Sent from an abacus

Makes sense. You will need to connect to tachometer and use the tach like a dimmer switch as well, no?

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I have a question. Will the soundaktor pipe in Explorer engine noise, or GTI noise? It would be amazing if it was GTI noise. The engine note in a GTI is phenomenal, and I assume you would prefer this over an Explorer's tired, wheezy engine.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Makes sense. You will need to connect to tachometer and use the tach like a dimmer switch as well, no?

Actually not a bad idea. I was going to use a hall or piezo to pick up revs (basically what the crank sensor does) but if I wire it to the tach I can change both the frequency and intensity so it's not blasting away at idle but louder as the revs rise.

Sent from an abacus

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
Actually not a bad idea. I was going to use a hall or piezo to pick up revs (basically what the crank sensor does) but if I wire it to the tach I can change both the frequency and intensity so it's not blasting away at idle but louder as the revs rise.

Sent from an abacus

Do this and let me know. I wonder what Soundaktor would be like at 8400 rpms.

Would it mimic a TSI exploding?

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
I have a question. Will the soundaktor pipe in Explorer engine noise, or GTI noise? It would be amazing if it was GTI noise. The engine note in a GTI is phenomenal, and I assume you would prefer this over an Explorer's tired, wheezy engine.

Since the Soundaktor is part of how the gti sounds I imagine it would be a combination of the two. The explorer doesn't sound bad but it could use a little help.

Sent from an abacus

abalinka

Go Kart Champion
Run a hose from your exhaust into the cabin. Should make the engine seem louder without upgrading the exhaust system.