GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Advice for headunit choice needed

xplosiv

Hi,

I'm trying to choose a new headunit for my 2011 golf 6 variant. Currently I have RCD 310. My priorities are:
  • Good audio quality
  • Steering wheel controls (e.g. skip track while on bluetooth)
  • At least Bluetooth 4.0 (for music streaming quality)
  • Good mic for hands-free calls
  • Easy installation, best if it's just plug and play
  • Available in Europe for less than 300eur
  • A knob for volume control wouldn't hurt either

I've been doing a lot of research but it is hard to find good information. Here's some options that I am considering so far:
  • RCD 330 - seems to meet most of my criteria but I read that audio quality would not be a big improvement and I'm not sure what the bluetooth module is. If the sound does not improve then I don't see a point to change the headunit.
  • Atoto A6 Pro - toshiba preamp, BT5.0 with aptX. Looks good but I'm not sure if it will be an easy fit and I'm a bit worried about the Android software under the hood. I'm afraid the boot time will be long and I will have to keep closing apps, etc.
  • Hipzo 7in - cheap, has physical buttons, Windows CE under the hood (better stability?). Reviews say that this unit improves sound quality a lot as compared to factory units (I assume units like mine).

Is there anything else I could consider? I saw a Pioneer unit for around 300eur, but it seemed laggy (on Youtube videos) and would probably be harder to fit.

Any advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated :)