GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket CV axles

gtiGreateness

Ready to race!
Looking for new CV axels as mine are near shot.. car has 160K and I think its due time. That and the clunking noise when turning the wheel. Not looking for OEM parts, due to mileage on the car, can anybody recommend any good aftermarket axels that are close to OEM without breaking the bank?

Anybody have any experience with these? Oh also, I am looking for ones that do not vibrate when cruising upwards of 70mph.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-feq-par...MIzp_WgMql6QIVjsDACh1rvw3hEAQYASABEgKxXvD_BwE

Thanks

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
I'd recommend remanufactured ones from your local parts store. OEM parts, re-packed with new boots. You trade your old ones in to get the core fee taken off, and the cycle continues :)

gtiGreateness

Ready to race!
Do you happen to know which local parts stores would keep them? I see Napa has some, but they do not say remanufactured OEM.

Thanks

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I remember putting duralast axles on my mk4 to replace the ripped open oem ones. The driver side axle exploded when I took a left turn within first week of install. I later spent the extra coin on Raxles and was extremely happy.

I guess what I'm saying is get OEM ones.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Heard of too many issues with remand or aftermarket. Ended up just getting a low mileage used oem off eBay been working great

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
100% do not get aftermarket axles. I ended up with one after a torn OEM CV boot and 2 years later the axle was shot and had to be replaced yet again, was horribly clicking and vibrating. Went OEM and no further issues. Other side of the car is 165k miles old and never had problems.

At this mileage, make sure to check tie rod ends and ball joints, that can also cause steering clunk.