GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket GTi style valance on TDi single pipe

GTE Age

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all

Am new to the forum and just wanted to get a bit of help as I have searched and searched and cannot seem to find anyone who has done this (or I am not looking in the right places).

I recently bought this item from eBay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-M...Model:Golf|Plat_Gen:MK+VI&hash=item4ade77eaf1

Now i know it is a simple thing to fit from what I've heard, but the problem is that my TDi is a 1.6 match and as such only comes with the single exhaust. Single pipe I mean. This is not my car but my exhaust is exactly the same.

What I want to know is if anyone has done this to theirs and if the single exhaust pipe will be centred in the cutout for the double exhaust? If that is the case them I will go and buy an exhaust tip until I can afford to get the exhaust changed. I just don't want to install it all, for it to look naff and off-centred and then have to revert it all back in this not-so-clever weather!

Also what would be the best exhaust system for this? My car is a 2010 105ps 1.6 TDi match. I am intending on getting it remapped in the next few months so I want to upgrade the most that I can before I do so (air filter, exhaust, etc.).

Many thanks

golfhappy

Ready to race!
If you've already bought one from ebay, why not offer it up to the car without fitting just to get an idea where the exhaust is going to be.
You should be good for 40 Bhp without any exhaust air filter mods.

golf 6

Ready to race!
Hi all

Am new to the forum and just wanted to get a bit of help as I have searched and searched and cannot seem to find anyone who has done this (or I am not looking in the right places).

I recently bought this item from eBay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-M...Model:Golf|Plat_Gen:MK+VI&hash=item4ade77eaf1

Now i know it is a simple thing to fit from what I've heard, but the problem is that my TDi is a 1.6 match and as such only comes with the single exhaust. Single pipe I mean. This is not my car but my exhaust is exactly the same.

What I want to know is if anyone has done this to theirs and if the single exhaust pipe will be centred in the cutout for the double exhaust? If that is the case them I will go and buy an exhaust tip until I can afford to get the exhaust changed. I just don't want to install it all, for it to look naff and off-centred and then have to revert it all back in this not-so-clever weather!

Also what would be the best exhaust system for this? My car is a 2010 105ps 1.6 TDi match. I am intending on getting it remapped in the next few months so I want to upgrade the most that I can before I do so (air filter, exhaust, etc.).

Many thanks

GTE Age

Passed Driver's Ed
How did you get on with this

Bad news unfortunately.......the pipe was more to the left of the cutout and also it didn't fit the car properly so going to send back for a refund:mad:

That'll teach me to trust eBay sellers I suppose

GTE Age

Passed Driver's Ed
One perfect dose have one for sale if your still wanting that look

Sorry for the noob question but is One Perfect Dose a user or a website? :iono:

*EDIT* Scrap that - I answered my own question with a quick google search