GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Oil Pans

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone running an aftermarket or modified stock oil pan on their mk6 golf R? Would be for the Ea113. I see a lot for mk7s, nothing for mk6s.

Specifically, looking for somtething that has a little more capacity and trap doors/baffles to help with oil starve on the track

Last edited:

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
No need. People like replacing the plastic Mk7 oil pan with aluminum or steel, we already have aluminum.

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
No need. People like replacing the plastic Mk7 oil pan with aluminum or steel, we already have aluminum.
was more referring to oil starve on track - will re-word the op

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Is the Golf R oil pan different from the GTI’s pan? There are quite a few options for the GTI... iABED’s looks amazing, ECS Tuning has one, iSweep, Wortec....

The iABED looks like it has the best baffling if that’s what’s most important to you.

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
Is the Golf R oil pan different from the GTI’s pan? There are quite a few options for the GTI... iABED’s looks amazing, ECS Tuning has one, iSweep, Wortec....

The iABED looks like it has the best baffling if that’s what’s most important to you.

yes, unfortunately. the mk6r is ea113, mk6 gti is ea888. ea888's use the plastic pans, which is why there are a lot of options out there

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
yes, unfortunately. the mk6r is ea113, mk6 gti is ea888. ea888's use the plastic pans, which is why there are a lot of options out there
Not all EA888s come with plastic pans. I don’t believe that started until the Mk7 was released.

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
Not all EA888s come with plastic pans. I don’t believe that started until the Mk7 was released.
gotcha - regardless, yes the pan is different. still yet to see a pan for the mk6r. i *should* be fine on street tires but the last thing i wanna do is oil starve my dd on track