GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Almost didn't pass RECON - With DG SPRINGS!

oempls

Go Kart Champion
Wow that is wild, I always thought california was mad for mods... this is a whole new level... That's how it is over in western europe.
Moving from Hawaii to Cali was just as much a PITA. Recon is "required" for modded cars but alot of people get away with it. I lived there two years with a lowered MK4 and MK6 with no issues. As for Cali, there is no skipping out on smog.

javiersan93

Hey, going to HI mid-2018. Has anyone you know failed recon for having an exhaust that is deemed too loud? I have a Beluga Racing exhaust and APR DP. It is sorta loud on WOT, but somewhat quiet otherwise.

Thanks in advance!

vex

Passed Driver's Ed
javiersan, the guys I knew never had an issue with their exhaust being too loud. I remember the main reasons for guys getting recon were for lowering/raising the car, tint and/or rims. Although, it's been years since I've looked into the recon requirements so I'm not too much help. I think you'll be fine imo.

Welcome to the islands in advance!