GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Android Head Units (Joying, '13 Golf R)

kyoo

Ready to race!
Run this brand in all my cars, pretty used to it but wondering if anyone runs anything similar (they're all pretty much the same) and if they've got stuff like steering controls and hvac display working:

Curious if there's any install vids.

zrickety

The Fixer
I posted a link awhile back... Got a cheap Android unit on eBay, came plug and play with mounting, steering wheel controls and GPS. Sound quality similar to the Kenwood it replaced. I really like it.

kyoo

Ready to race!
I posted a link awhile back... Got a cheap Android unit on eBay, came plug and play with mounting, steering wheel controls and GPS. Sound quality similar to the Kenwood it replaced. I really like it.
did you also set up/wire the mic through? curious if the sound qual is good - the oem mic actually sucks, was kind of surprised.

zrickety

The Fixer
It's really good. I downloaded the Here app for navigation, was a big download but it's free and it works.