GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Android Head Units (Joying, '13 Golf R)

zrickety

The Fixer
I posted a link awhile back... Got a cheap Android unit on eBay, came plug and play with mounting, steering wheel controls and GPS. Sound quality similar to the Kenwood it replaced. I really like it.

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
I posted a link awhile back... Got a cheap Android unit on eBay, came plug and play with mounting, steering wheel controls and GPS. Sound quality similar to the Kenwood it replaced. I really like it.
did you also set up/wire the mic through? curious if the sound qual is good - the oem mic actually sucks, was kind of surprised.

zrickety

The Fixer
Using whatever built in mic is on the front panel. Haven't had any callers complain yet.

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer
It's really good. I downloaded the Here app for navigation, was a big download but it's free and it works.

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
finally getting ready to install this lol. using this link for instructions on how to remove:

if possibly, going to use the GPS receiver the car already has, assuming it's pnp. hopefully the rest goes smoothly!

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
Sounds pretty promising. Is it integrated with MFD as well? Does it will work with the OEM (rear badge) camera as well?
it has canbus so it should be integrated with that. my car doesn't have a rear cam, so unsure on that one.

zrickety

The Fixer
Yes you can. There is a plug with all the AV inputs/outputs. I bought another, slightly different model on ebay that has even better specs and a real wifi antenna. For the 09 car.